Landscaping suggestions?? Cost conscious!
amandaala
Sorry I didn't know how to flip the pictures. We are slowly nearing the end of our home construction. We will need to do some landscaping around the front of the house. What are some suggestions? We are in N. Alabama-- hot, dry summers and relatively mild winters. We get some sub freezing weather, but no snow. Our house is in the woods so i want to keep it as natural looking as possible. Thanks!
TanCalGal
Nice gray brick & stone. 2 urns on either side of door in color of door. Choose a shrub that grows well in your area. I'd chose something like: azalea with white blooms. Plant the same shrub all along the front of the house on each side of entry. Instead of grass you might plant flats of ground cover (Pachysandra?). What material will you choose for a walk (flagstone? bluestone?). Is garage on the side of house? Along the brick area that has no windows (near the garage), plant all the same shrub = slightly larger than azaleas, maybe rhododendron.
July 22, 2013 at 7:24pm   
Ginkgo Leaf Studio
Have you looked on Houzz for landscape designers in your area? Don't cut corners on the landscaping after you've invested money (and no doubt lots of time) in the planning of your new home. After kitchens and bathrooms, landscaping is third in terms of ROI. A professional design that you can implement in stages will actually save you money in the long run. Enjoy your new home!
July 22, 2013 at 7:30pm   
How to replace a bifold door
Ok- this is going to seem very very silly but I am...
Living room style dilemma
Having a challenge to design this living room since...
Is there any reason to not use a pearl finish on trim?
We are preparing to have our newly renovated home painted....
Living Room Dilemma
Looking for advice for my living room. I was thinking...
Staining oak floors very dark
I am refinishing my floors and would like them to be...