We have the smallest master shower ever!!!
lindseyjack12
We live in our first home. At first sight, we loved this house, except for this tiny master shower! It's hard to get in and out, it's hard to clean, and it's ugly! We would love a nice walk-in, tiled shower, but it'll be expensive to install. We'll need to take out an extra closet in the adjacent guest bedroom to create the extra space and possibly move some plumbing. It'll all be worth it though! Help us make this happen!!
Good luck if you are entering the contest. But this shower is larger than what a lot of people has to begin with.
July 21, 2013 at 5:22am   
jdkyle01
Remove the shower pan insert and cut shared wall with tub down to half wall and replace with glass. Then Pick a nice tile surround for the shower (not too dark).
July 21, 2013 at 5:59am   
Arlene Warda, Architecture+Interior Design
Shower stalls are normally 3'0"x3'0", shower base sizes, a large shower might be nice. 3'6" or more deep and 4'6" wide, etc long for a large walk-in shower.....shower curtains are cheap!.. you could enclose it with glass wall and shower door later.... tile, is 2.00 $/sf material, plus more for labor. you could modift the closet space as said by Jdkyle01 above, and do this easily.
July 21, 2013 at 6:05am   
sharongra
We have one just like it! Stand up shower..same size and everything.
July 21, 2013 at 6:09am   
Linda
While that shower may be smaller than you want, it is a long ways from "tiny" Boats, 50's master bedrooms and London or NYC flats have "tiny" showers; yours is actually a very usable size.

I understand that those shower doors tend to make the space look smaller and make access more difficult. Remove the shower doors by unscrewing the side tracks and top rail then cutting the caulk on both sides of the bottom rail. You may have to find a slim putty knife to slide under the bottom track to break the seal if the installer used a generous amount of silicone. You can buy a small tube of caulk to fill in the holes in the side of the frame and they will not be very noticeable. I helped someone remove similar doors from a builder grade shower stall once and it made a tremendous difference in the look and usability of the shower.
July 21, 2013 at 7:18am   
What color(s) should I paint?
I'm in the process of making some cosmetic changes...
Need help with this guest room
This room is very small. I had the head board made...
Pink brick...
Need siding, trim, garage door and front door color...
Need Help Finding Fuchsia Curtains for teenage daughter's room.
I'm looking for Fuchsia curtains for my teenage daughters...
Can't decide on a backsplash with a busy granite
I have a busy granite ( Mokoro ) ( geriba ) Is a busy...