What do you think about these accessories for my master bedroom?
DMarie
Here is an up close photo of the coverlet.....and here is a photo of the bed. I will remove all of the zebra accessories and add new pillows to bring in the color of the chairs. The new color palette of the room will be the off white/ivory, the dusty coral/coral pink of the chairs and gold accents. Will this work
A Crew of Two
You are off to a good start. I do not see the picture of chairs though.
July 21, 2013 at 8:39am   
DMarie
Here is the picture of the chair....there will be two. http://www.polyvore.com/quinn_swoop-arm_chair_linen_rose/thing?id=80006900
July 21, 2013 at 9:16am     
rangels
Can I ask where u got ur lamps? I have the exact same furniture (minus the bed frame) & actually just added a post looking for suggestions to go with my furniture....found it funny to find your post shortly after....u've already given me fab. ideas :)
I think ur new accessories look really good as well
July 21, 2013 at 9:30am   
A Crew of Two
Love the chairs! I just think you need to be sure your pillows on the bed are many- like what you currently have so you get the luxurious feeling and it balances the size of your bed. Are you able to reuse the large white pillows you have now? I would put large art over the bed. The sunburst round mirror seems too small. 'Chaotic' Art Print by Ashley Goldberg Sea Shell Canvas Art By One Design
July 21, 2013 at 10:27am   
bluenan
I think it's an absolutely beautiful color palette, I love your British Colonial bed! Gold looks warm and pretty with the chairs...love!

July 21, 2013 at 10:33am     
DMarie
Thanks all! You have given me the confidence to keep going with the color pallet . I got the lamps at a furniture design store in Dallas. I will check to see if I can find out the manufacturer. I will move the sunburst mirror to the side wall and look for larger art for over the bed . What about low sashed drapes in the sitting area with the chairs ? I am notice of a print but do like quatrefoil and ikat as well as solids
July 21, 2013 at 11:00am     
DMarie
That was meant to say I not much of a print weapon. :)
July 21, 2013 at 11:01am   
DMarie
Lol ***print person!
July 21, 2013 at 11:02am   
A Crew of Two
lol......I love Ikat fabric, but what about these?
July 21, 2013 at 12:08pm   
shortped
The zebra pillows might look nice on the pink chairs though?!
July 21, 2013 at 12:15pm     
bluenan
I have a differing opinion about the mirror over the bed. Because the bed is so ornate and the headboard so high, I think the sunburst mirror looks right. I can see a larger piece of art on the side wall so when you roll out of bed in the morning you'll see it. I'm afraid a larger piece of art will be too high up on the wall and look top heavy. I'd like the bed and the new pillows with the coral pink to be the star when looking straight at the bed.
July 21, 2013 at 12:23pm   
shortped
Art
July 21, 2013 at 12:28pm      Thanked by DMarie
shortped
Etsy pillows. Pretty room with your colors.
July 21, 2013 at 12:35pm     
DMarie
Love the first art piece posted. Do you know where I can get it? I do hesitate with putting art over bed but knowing that art could go to side wall if it did not work over bed is another thought. The curtains drapes from anthropologist are no longer available. I also love the pillows and need to see how to combine everything on the bed. The zebra pillows are actually large king shams so won't work on the chairs. I will definitely keep the matching euro shams that match the coverlet.
July 21, 2013 at 12:48pm   
DMarie
The first piece of Art posted by short ped is great if I can find where to buy it.
July 21, 2013 at 12:50pm     
shortped
Horchow
July 21, 2013 at 1:00pm     
DMarie
I thought I had seen it on the website. Thanks!!!! I am on it. What about drapes similar to your recent inspiration room post?
July 21, 2013 at 1:03pm   
DMarie
What about the Etsy site for the pillows? I want to check it out too!
July 21, 2013 at 1:06pm   
shortped
I googled pink and gold pillow and looked through the images to find the etsy link...I don't thinking kept it. Drapes...will you make from fabric or need to buy them pre-made?
July 21, 2013 at 1:10pm   
DMarie
I could go either way, but they will have to be 120" to go floor to ceiling. Pre-made might be less expensive, however, could be harder to find. Thanks for all of your help! I feel like It is coming together.
July 21, 2013 at 2:12pm   
DMarie
I found these drapes that may work behind the chairs and tie in the gold color in some pillows on the chairs. This was just a first try at searching so not committed http://www.halfpricedrapes.com/carliyle-pearl-white-thai-silk-curtains-drapes.html
July 21, 2013 at 2:46pm   
DMarie
This is another drape with more of a gold colored pattern.. http://www.halfpricedrapes.com/oliva-custom-embroidered-silk-curtains-drapes.html
July 21, 2013 at 2:53pm   
shortped
Pretty drapery fabric ideas. Silk would be luxurious.
July 21, 2013 at 7:44pm   
DMarie
I really like the second picture. I would like to see a bigger photo, is it something I can search for on Houzz? I can't tell the fabric, but it looks beautiful and yes I agree with your comment.
July 22, 2013 at 3:58am   
shortped
Yes, on Houzz. Idk how to do links....sorry. I searched pink and gold, I think.
July 22, 2013 at 4:29am   
DMarie
You have a great eye for design. Thanks again. I am going to look for Pre made silk drapes but may have to think about custom, just concerned about the cost for the 120" drapes. How many panels do you think I will need?
July 22, 2013 at 5:10am   
shortped
Pinterest guid to measuring....other than that, I am not sure.
July 22, 2013 at 6:14pm   
shortped
*guide
July 22, 2013 at 6:14pm   
DMarie
July 22, 2013 at 6:15pm   
shortped
Yes
July 22, 2013 at 6:39pm   
shortped
These are on onekingslane today
July 23, 2013 at 4:17am   
DMarie
I do like them, but I need the 120" length. I am going forward with purchasing the pillows. What combination should I go with from the first posts plus the damask one you recommended? Also, I need to find an antique gold side table to go between the two chairs. Any thoughts?
July 23, 2013 at 5:23am   
shortped
I forget where I saw this, but do u need an antique?
July 23, 2013 at 7:46pm   
DMarie
http://www.zgallerie.com/p-10171-andora-pillow-26-natural.aspx
Here is a pillow I found to go with the gold and pink one you posted. I will post some others to get your thoughts one which ones are the popular vote .
July 24, 2013 at 4:06am   
DMarie
http://www.etsy.com/listing/118928158/gold-and-pink-throw-pillow-cover-pink

Funny about the table because I previously posted that table. I think the gold won't be too bright in the room...here is a photo of the dresser near the sitting area with antique gold colored mirrors. Will the table work with them?
July 24, 2013 at 4:11am     
shortped
I like the pillows. And maybe then for interest I would pull in a throw with a new color and a couple of pieces of other accessories to in the same new color unless you really want to stay all ivory, pink, and gold...which by the way was my whole wedding color scheme when I got married...lol.
July 24, 2013 at 4:35am   
DMarie
Love that idea. What would you recommend as the new color? Your wedding must have been beautiful with that color scheme. I am terrible at accessorizing.
July 24, 2013 at 4:51am   
shortped
Maybe green?
July 25, 2013 at 3:11pm   
shortped
Green
July 25, 2013 at 6:28pm   
shortped
Ideas
July 25, 2013 at 6:29pm   
shortped
Ideas
July 25, 2013 at 6:30pm   
shortped
Ideas
July 25, 2013 at 6:31pm     
DMarie
These are great! I found a comforter in the same color of the chairs to fold at the foot of the bed. I can incorporate these ideas of accessories. I was also thinking of an ivory bench at the end of the bed and found these few.m do you like any of them?
July 25, 2013 at 7:31pm   
July 25, 2013 at 7:33pm   
July 25, 2013 at 7:34pm     
DMarie
July 25, 2013 at 7:36pm   
shortped
#2 because it looks like it adds depth of color and texture
July 25, 2013 at 8:04pm     
DMarie
Here is the table I got for between the two chairs. https://okl2.scene7.com/is/image/OKL/Product_WAW10005_Image_1?$fullzoom$
July 26, 2013 at 5:58am     
DMarie
July 26, 2013 at 6:09am     
shortped
Have you set anything up yet? New pics?
July 26, 2013 at 7:32pm   
DMarie
Delivery of chairs on Monday and most everything else over the next 2 weeks. Ordered some things online. I will get things set up and you can tell me how to change.
/rearrange. I need to check into the custom drapery rod for the curved windows and found a place in town that can custom order them for me. The drapes may finish it off so that I don't need to paint the walls, but you can tell me what you think once I set up. Paint might make it a warmer look, but it is a lot of walls to paint and I want to be very sure before I change the color.
July 26, 2013 at 8:49pm   
shortped
Chairs today?!
July 29, 2013 at 7:30am   
DMarie
Chairs delayed until Wednesday.
July 29, 2013 at 6:21pm   
DMarie
The chairs are much more pink than rose and I was expecting more rose. They may still work. Thoughts?
July 30, 2013 at 3:25pm     
DMarie
I did not put them together yet and the table and lamp that is going between them are on their way.
July 30, 2013 at 3:27pm   
anthip
They're not very rich in colour. I hate to say it but I'm not mad about them. Your other furniture is so rich and makes such a statement that these just look a bit washed out. :(
July 30, 2013 at 5:27pm   
DMarie
Well, I am still mixed. I ordered some cube ottomans, drapes, pillows and table and lamp that might make it all a subtle palette. I am reserving my final decision until I can get a look at all of the accessories together and I will post again soon!
July 30, 2013 at 6:47pm   
DMarie
I got this settee to sit at the end of the bed. Other accessories will tie in with the bed and chairs and drapes.https://www.jossandmain.com/Provencal-Cottage-Teahouse-Settee~SKY7778~E4998.html
August 2, 2013 at 5:15am   
DMarie
Having second thoughts about the chair color. What would be a different option to stay more neutral on the chairs?
August 4, 2013 at 9:56am   
shortped
Couldn't see bench with the link....pink still can be nice
August 4, 2013 at 10:18am   
Sustainable Dwellings
No to the Teahouse settee.... maybe to the pink chair... the Greek key does not work at all....
August 4, 2013 at 10:38am   
DMarie
What is the Greek key?
August 4, 2013 at 10:39am   
Sustainable Dwellings
an earlier post had gold table and items similar to Greek key... not at all good with this room?
August 4, 2013 at 10:42am   
DMarie
Problem with pink is that the chairs are so short. They look dwarfed in the space. The pink is nice but I don't want to force it in the room. Here is the settee...http://www.polyvore.com/teahouse_settee_work_wonders/thing?id=69223837
It will be lighter than it appears in the photo.
August 4, 2013 at 10:42am   
DMarie
What would be your suggestion for a table and chair(s) that don't make the space too dated?
August 4, 2013 at 10:44am   
DMarie
What about this couch instead of the pink chairs?
August 4, 2013 at 1:21pm     
Sustainable Dwellings
How large is the room?
August 4, 2013 at 3:37pm   
DMarie
Shorted I want o thank you for sticking to this pst and my dilemma even though I have decided against the pink chairs. They were just too light pink and I would not be happy with them long term. I am going with two chairs in the same grouping as the above sofa. Now I am needing advice on a table between them. Should I stay with the silver/gold open table or go with a darker wood to match the bed/dresser wood tone?
August 6, 2013 at 9:22am   
DMarie
****shortped
August 6, 2013 at 9:23am   
shortped
Metal table to break it up, I think.
August 6, 2013 at 5:18pm      Thanked by DMarie
DMarie
Excellent
August 6, 2013 at 5:28pm   
shortped
So will everything be cream and gray and white? Are u adding any color?
August 6, 2013 at 5:43pm   
DMarie
Not thinking of any color unless something very subtle. There is a taupe and gray and off white/ivory. Teal has been a thought.....
August 6, 2013 at 5:55pm   
shortped
Is teal subtle?
August 6, 2013 at 9:07pm     
DMarie
Probably not a dark teal but a lighter teal. What do you think about the "sand" color of these 120" curtains for the bay window to bring in some color?http://www.curtainworks.com/marquee-faux-silk-pinch-pleat-drape.html
August 7, 2013 at 6:47am     
shortped
So where are you on your project?
August 11, 2013 at 8:53pm   
DMarie
Well, ordered these chairs and awaiting their arrival. Put up artwork and am thinking of painting the sunburst a lighter color and adding some gold accents to it. I also ordered some small cube ottomans to go alongside the chairs. I am also looking at a RH bench for the end of the bed. Also, looking at some pillows for the chairs.
I will repost the cube ottomans and the bench and pillow ideas to get your thoughts. Thanks for checking in!
August 12, 2013 at 5:53am   
DMarie
Here is the artwork.
August 12, 2013 at 5:54am   
DMarie
Here is the bench
August 12, 2013 at 5:56am   
August 12, 2013 at 5:59am   
shortped
So far very nice...I can't see the pillow though...it goes to main page
August 12, 2013 at 7:46pm   
DMarie
Here is the pillow. Not sure about it. I like that it brings just a hint if color to the room. What do you think?
August 13, 2013 at 4:31am   
shortped
I like it, but add another touch of the color somewhere...it is a pretty shade
August 14, 2013 at 12:50pm   
Kitchen, nook and family room combined what to do help
I just put backsplash up I painted nook that is combined...
Turning wasted space/room into mud room? Please help?!
Hey y'all.... the hubby & I are about to embark a new...
generic ceiling paint question
Hello All, My wife and I just purchased a single family...
Need backsplash ideas
Would really appreciate some backsplash ideas.
Recessing lighting placement on large covered patio
I have attached a diagram of how I think the lighting/fans...