I'd love some opinions on this accent stri...
lorricav
Hi..I picked out the backsplash (photo #1-outer edge tiles) for my new granite counter tops (crema bordeaux - photo #3). I'd love opinions on the accent (photo #2) I picked out for the stripe..it will be thinner than the sample, maybe 4 rows.Thanks for everyone's input.
TanCalGal
What did you chose for cabinets (white? stained wood)? floors? cabinet hardware? Where will the stripe be located? Right now I'd say I do not like this stripe at all with the back splash and granite.
July 23, 2013 at 8:10pm   
lorricav
Hi..the cabinets are hickory.
July 23, 2013 at 8:44pm   
lorricav
Floors are hardwood. Any thoughts on accent stripe?
July 23, 2013 at 8:45pm   
Nancy Walton
Your granite has a lot of feldspar in it which gives it the pinky color--I don't think the gold colored tile in the accent is the right one to coordinate with your granite. I used this mosaic with my granite, which had the pink tones.
July 23, 2013 at 8:54pm   
Nancy Walton
Better picture of tile I used is first. Second one is one that also would go with your granite
July 23, 2013 at 8:57pm   
Nancy Walton
Or this one
July 23, 2013 at 8:58pm   
Nancy Walton
Her's another...
July 23, 2013 at 8:59pm   
TanCalGal
How about a single stripe as here? To repeat the floor & cabinet brown tone?
July 23, 2013 at 8:59pm        Thanked by lorricav
Nancy Walton
Three with your granite
July 23, 2013 at 9:00pm      Thanked by lorricav
daljoe
Sorry to say I don't like the stripe at all with the granite and backsplash. I feel it's too much going on. Even if you just have 4 rows of it.
July 23, 2013 at 9:17pm   
mrscollie
I have to agree. Sorry not a fan of the stipe with that. I would go back to the drawing board.
July 23, 2013 at 9:23pm   
Anne
The granite is really pretty. Why not use the same granite as backsplash? http://ccabinet.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/granite-backsplash.jpg?w=500&h=534
July 23, 2013 at 10:02pm   
lorricav
These are my appliances...any thoughts on cabinet knobs? Should I match the appliances or granite? I was thinking a brushed nickel birdcage knob.
I would like to thank everyone for their help! This site is AMAZING as well as everyone who contributes to it!
Lorri
July 24, 2013 at 12:35pm   
lorricav
Hi Anne...I thought it would be nice to break it up with the tiles. I am going to have them square off a large area over the stove so I can. Hand-paint a design onto it.
July 24, 2013 at 12:37pm   
lorricav
Also, the white tile over the stove (and all my counters) is being removed tomorrow. Granite is being installed on Saturday.
July 24, 2013 at 12:39pm   
TanCalGal
Something like this knob (very simple) might be nice. Buy several styles and bring home. Check internet after you decide, sometimes the internet pricing is better. Giagni KB-6-SS 1 1/4" Round Knob in Solid Stainless Steel Rustic hickory kitchen

Hand paint tile? Are you an artist? One thought: a subtle hand painted tile over stove? 12x18 Grapes & Leaves handmade tile mural — Fine Art Tileworks
July 24, 2013 at 6:09pm   
lorricav
Hi..thanks. Yes, I am a mural artist.
July 24, 2013 at 6:35pm     
pirateroo
I think those tiles will compete too much with the beautiful granite, I believe it will look too busy, especially if you then do a mural over the stove. I would use the granite as backsplash and let your mural be the focus and accent. Good luck!
July 25, 2013 at 11:28pm     
Anne
If you're planning to do a mural as well as the very pretty granite, I would choose something plain. A mosaic style tile, like any you have pictured, would only distract from the granite and your mural. Perhaps use a plain beige or other neutral coloured tile and vary the size or direction to create a subtle monochromatic backdrop for your mural. I could only find white examples of what I'm thinking of, but I know penny tile comes in many colours. Make the bulk of the backsplash the same and then use large same colour subway tile or pencil tile to frame out your mural or even run a single line of same colour subway tile as an "accent" line.
SomerTile Posh Penny Round Ash Porcelain Mosaic Tile Carrara White Italian Marble Herringbone Honed Mosaic Tile
July 26, 2013 at 12:21am   
Strange shape bathroom decoration with Porcelanosa tiles
I have a dilemma with the following shape bathroom....
Kitchen help
I have lots of cabinets and they are from thirty years...
Boxing in waste pipe
Here is my new en suite, all ready for sanitary ware...
Need help with this guest room
This room is very small. I had the head board made...
Hue suggestion?
When we choose our stone we thought we'd do our hardy...