My laundry room is falling apart!
poonpana
Our laundry room was added on by the previous owners. They had no idea what they were doing. The room leaks, the windows leak, drywall is cracking and falling down. Floor is unlevel. We need help!
dalma darling
I'm so sorry you have to deal with the incompetence of the previous owners. From what I can see you'll have to take the room down to the studs to make sure you've removed all of the water damaged wood and dry wall. It's going to be quite a project, but no point in covering over water soiled materials with a beautiful new laundry if you'll just have to go in and repair it again in the future. Have you reached out to a local contractor in your area to help asses the scope of work?
November 14, 2013 at 4:51PM     
Kivi
I would say you need the help of a competent contractor more than you need help from folks here....at this point anyway. You need to deal with the structure first.
November 14, 2013 at 5:02PM     
happyasaclam
If your water heater is gas, call the gas company to have them send out someone to make sure it has been installed properly and is not leaking gas. Call an electricitian immediately to check the wiring to make sure you don't have a fire waiting to happen. Your safety should come first. If it will be awhile before you start the remodel, close off the room as best you can to stop heating (or cooling) the whole outdoors. Good luck!
November 14, 2013 at 5:33PM   
A Kitchen That Works LLC
Hire licensed professionals to remedy this tragic situation. Contact your insurance company and your mortgage company to see if you have any remedy for the cost to repair.
November 14, 2013 at 5:36PM   
happyasaclam
If you hired a home inspector within the contractually specified time period and he/she failed to note any obvious or possible hidden problems you may be able to go back on him/her. Re-read your inspection report.
November 14, 2013 at 5:51PM   
laundry room, bathroom, living room, falling apart deck & backyard
we started updating the whole house and got through...
Laundry room needs to be redesigned and bathroom is falling apart.
My laundry room also has the freezer and storage space....
MY BATHROOMS ARE DATED AND FALLING APART!!!!!!!
I have a small bathroom, roughly 12 x 8, that is FALLING...
My 5 year old custom cabinets are falling apart
My cabinet maker in Hickory was on tough economic times...
My bathroom is falling apart!
My floor is coming up and I have a hole that leaks...
This dining room is holding me hostage ...
... I can't walk by this room without stopping to stare...
What do you think of this room?
http://www.houzz.com/photos/5445363/Woodlands-Lake-House-transitional-home-theater-houston...
Help With Window Treatment in Boys Room
Hi guys, Please, please, help me! What color can...
Deck and Patio design for privacy
We are finally putting a deck off of our kitchen sliding...
Please help completing my great room
It is a very bare space at the moment as I have focused...