Dysfunctional bathroom!
dcouncell
July 21, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I have a rowhome in Baltimore City, rehabbed 13 yrs ago, with only one full bath. It includes a huge jacuzzi tub, that I never use, with a high wall that I almost always trip on when getting in and out. It has a single pedestal sink, so no vanity top or storage underneath. To compensate for this I have shelves and a hanging cabinet full of stuff, and a 3-drawer plastic container on wheels to hold more necessities, like my blow-dryer, brushes and makeup. My 2nd floor laundry is just a closet with enough room for a stacked washer/dryer, so no place for detergent, stacking or folding. I know rowhomes are a challenge, but I'm willing to give up the 2nd floor laundry area and I feel there is other wasted space upstairs that my wishlist would be to have 2 small full baths upstairs and move the laundry to the basement. I love my home and really want to stay but I can't have guests stay over and only one person can possibly get ready at one time! Please help!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kiyoshima
I see that this was posted 3 months ago so I hope you are still in your home! I have also bought a row home that was just rehabbed one year ago. Based on what you are saying it sounds like you need a good contractor to redesign the layout of your bathroom. If you are still in your row home do you have any pictures? Have you considered adding just a half bath instead of making 2 small bathrooms?
0 Likes   October 8, 2013 at 7:51AM