Need help putting this altogether.
grammaclJuly 22, 2013
New white windows, tan siding and porch rails, cranberry shutters and ugly brown fascia, soffit and gutters. What can I change to bring it all together?
Out of the Woods Inc.- Window & Door Specialists
Either pick colors that go with the white windows or if the windows are paintable (not vinyl) paint the windows to match. The color scheme is definitely off.
    Bookmark   July 22, 2013 at 10:43AM
houssaon
I would paint all of the trim and the gutters that is now brown white to match the windows. Then paint the shutters a taupe gray to tie in the brick and mortar.
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 22, 2013 at 11:13AM
grammacl
what should I do with the garage door, leave it tan? The house door is a metal wood grain with a brown storm door. should I paint the door (what color) and replace the storm door with a white or tan one?
    Bookmark   July 22, 2013 at 8:58PM
Tammy Tate Kammerer
Replace door with white storm door. Is the awning old, new? Do you need it? If not, I'd take it down. Paint the door- cranberry. I like houssaon suggestions. Also, seems a little cluttered near door- ie remove hanging basket and basket on ground by entrance, and changing landscape in front may help appearance.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 22, 2013 at 9:19PM
misecretary
I don't really care for clutter, but that little porch of yours is adorable. The awning looks odd from a distance, but on close up that little pop of color fits right in.
    Bookmark   July 23, 2013 at 3:13PM
Everything Beautiful Home Designs LLC
I see what you mean it need s definition .
    Bookmark   July 25, 2013 at 6:53AM
grammacl
Any ideas on how to add definition?
    Bookmark   July 27, 2013 at 6:09PM
Everything Beautiful Home Designs LLC
Your changes, thanks for using our services.
    Bookmark   July 30, 2013 at 11:55AM
Everything Beautiful Home Designs LLC
Here are some more options for your home .
    Bookmark   July 31, 2013 at 1:00PM
grammacl
These are much better to me although I am wondering if I should leave the windows white or paint the garage door tan like the windows. There seems to be a discrepancy there. I am beginning to think this is a problem due to the brick. Urrrrrr...Any other thoughts from anyone out there?
    Bookmark   August 1, 2013 at 4:29PM
Hi there - because of all the unique features of your brick, and the combo of white windows and tan siding, I do think you would be happier to take the dark brown eaves and fascia painted a warm off-white, halfway between the tan siding and white white windows. Sw ecru might be a good one to test.

If the windows are paintable, taking them off-white too would be fabulous. Know many vinyl windows are not, but even painting the trim around them a darker white - something close to the undertone in the brick - that gives the eye some tie back to the warmer tones in the brick and siding. Dealing with the trim also removes some of the dark and light contrast that makes it feel dated You will want to repaint your white railing and post in the darker white so all the trim matches.

You may want to repaint the garage door with the same color, unless the garage is deeper than the color you end up with but in the same tone. Then I think you can leave the garage door which is keyed pretty well to the brick. The garage door will help you as you try to get the right shade for the trim.

Gray won't work with your brick and tan siding - though a taupe with a gray name might (grays are so popular they've renamed a bunch of neutrals) - so don't be afraid to also test sw uncertain gray. You are looking for a shade that is one hue darker than the white, and close to the blond brick undertone. Good luck!
    Bookmark   Thanked by grammacl    August 1, 2013 at 5:16PM
Need help putting some 'pow' into the front of my house
I am going to be replacing the cedar siding with a...
klacarte
need help to put a wall in my living room
small living room and it is right next to the front...
Abigail Kurtz
I need a help what kind of paint do i need to put in our new house!
we bought a new house, the owner put the spanish tiles...
Ling Lingot
Need help with what to put above the TV
Our electronics are all housed in the cabinet above...
callowl
need help putting a mirror above my bedroom vanity
My room is in the front of the house, and I have two...
rscurria1231022
New bathroom
Dear all We are moving to our new house and going to...
Benjamin NArcyz
What goes with this chair?
I need help figuring out what to out with my new chair!...
wapusk99
Wanting a newer look
I want to change the colour and tile. Any suggestions...
lorifritz
Need help with patio
Hi, I need help with the patio. The stones that you...
Abul Lais
New Condo/Apartment - layout advice!
Hi all, Looking for some advice on how we can arrange...
Andra Maria