My painter says I need 25 gallons to paint my 200 sq ft home.
yelene
My painter says that bc I'm going from a dark color to a light color I need 25 gallons. I find it to be too much. I'm using Benjamin Moore paint. Is he correct?
yelene
It should have read 2600 sq fr home.
July 22, 2013 at 5:23pm   
Anne
Interior, exterior, both?
July 22, 2013 at 5:25pm   
yelene
It's for exterior and he is spraying it.
July 22, 2013 at 5:26pm   
MS Colours Inc
Call another painter for an estimate.
July 22, 2013 at 5:40pm   
Fred S
The square footage of a house has very little to do with the amount of paint you need. How tall are the walls? Is it a square plain house or do the walls go in and out? Do you have a garage included in that?
July 22, 2013 at 7:00pm   
Mega Builders
As you are going from dark to light, coverage may be an issue. This may require more coats and more material.
Coverage of a gallon of paint would vary based on the paint, the material (wood, stucco), the condition of the surface, etc. but will generally fall in the 200-400 sf/G.
If you could total the square footage of your walls, you should be able to arrive at the needed number of gallons.
Having said the above, if you have such low opinion and trust for this painter, he is probably not the correct 'fit' for you.
Good luck!
July 22, 2013 at 7:06pm   
Elizabeth Harris Interiors
This is totally ridiculous. Go to the Benjamin Moore store and ask them how much you need. Hes not even close.
July 22, 2013 at 7:07pm   
Elizabeth Harris Interiors
oh just realized you changed the square footage from 200 to 2600. Huge difference. Still high for a medium sized house.
July 22, 2013 at 7:09pm   
Everything Beautiful Home Designs LLC
200 sq. ft. home? If that's the case all he needs is a couple of gal. as each gal covers on a repaint about 300 SQ. FT. More than enough right but that's your floor space . He's not painting the floor but has to do the ceilings that's 200 SQ FT, now he measures the walls height X width = XY AND Z Plus the ceiling 200 SQ FT. Total SQ FT is now? Don't forget to add closets if you have a basement, basement walls , then add at least $35 .00 per door and jam plus trim per liner FT. It adds up.Semi gloss or satin paint cost more than flat paint per gal. If you have a deep color he may have to prime it and 2 top coats to get a good finish on the walls . What do you say Mega Builder ? Some one tells you they have 200 SQ FT house to sheet rock that's about 12 boards , can you rock the whole hose with 12 boards? that's the problem I had with builders when I ran my drywall and paint business, they used floor SQ FOOTAGE. If we were just painting the floor that's fine. Good advice MEGA BUILDER.
July 22, 2013 at 7:38pm   
Rockin' Fine Finish
For 2600 ft seems pretty right on two coats and being sprayed you lose about 10 % in spray application how's the job being done time and materials or bid ?
July 22, 2013 at 10:24pm     
Drape-gate
Due to a Houzz issue and amount of comments on the...
Electric Outlets on my Island!
I noticed the two electrical outlets on my new island...
Buyers Remorse
Oh Houzz gurus. We bought a house. It was a bidding...
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...
Why is beige so difficult?
Hi. We just bought a retirement condo we love. I am...