Kitchen refurbishment
sumiyyah2000
Hi any ideas on how I could update this kitchen colours etc ?? Painting cabinets, walls, etc
I am planning to redo it It in April may 2014 so I want something relatively in expensive as I am saving for a better kitchen
Many thanks in advance x
Sharon
Honestly, if you are doing major reno's in April, I would save my money, and put it all towards your ideal kitchen. It's such a small period of time in the overall scheme of things.
4 Likes    Bookmark   July 23, 2013 at 3:07AM
Capozzi Design Group
Use this time to start to collect ideas, and work on putting a budget together for the big project. ENJOY the planning, it is not too early to start your research. A kitchen renovation is not something that you do everyday, take your time, dream, plan, be ready to go in the Spring! Best of luck to you-- and have fun with it!
    Bookmark   July 23, 2013 at 3:47AM
searcy
Start with looking at tile colors and styles at a good tile store. Get inspired and the project dream will get started.
    Bookmark   July 23, 2013 at 4:06AM
LWK Kitchens London
I agree you are better to wait! In the meantime have a think about your existing kitchen and how you use it as this may help you plan the layout and what to include in the new one. Eg. What aspects of the layout currently work, or what doesn't work that you would want to change and improve? Do you struggle for storage space (though it doesn't look that way). Would open shelving or under cabinet lighting on your wall units brighten and open up the space some more where it is dark beneath the cabinets?
Just a few points to think on that might help you get started and you will hopefully find your ideas evolve and keep flowing from there...
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 23, 2013 at 4:09AM
Ron Corl Design
Hi Sumiy,
To me the worst elements aesthetically are the floor and the tile wall. If you really are doing a full remodel soon but want to make it better in the meantime, consider laying down 1/4" plywood on the floor and painting it. Use porch floor paint. If the tiles are real, get tile paint and brighten that wall with your favorite color! Should be under $200 if u do it yourself- even easier, just paint the floor as is!
1 Like    Bookmark   July 23, 2013 at 4:49AM
A Crew of Two
Buy things you can use in the new kitchen. The first thing I would change would be your lights. I think recessed lights would really help the kitchen. Then I would remove the tile on the wall- you are going to any way. Paint the walls a soft color like one of these. Natural Cream OC-14 by Benjamin Moore Horizon (OC-53) Benjamin Moore Benjamin Moore® Ben® Paint, Saybrook Sage HC-114 Weston Flax HC-5 by Benjamin Moore Add a natural window treatment. Petite Rustique Bamboo Roman Shade
    Bookmark   July 23, 2013 at 6:44AM
mrst4ever
If you just cannot live with the old kitchen or are not sure on the redo date, I would remove the black tile and re skim the damage of tile removal on drywall then simply paint a warm earthy color. You may even like the kitchen so much once you remove the black tile that you might consider adding a colorful glass tile backsplash that would go well with the countertops. Add a wood or tile floor and a cute pub table in front of window and maybe no need to remodel and all for less than $500 or so. The shaker cabinets and hardware you have seem very nice and there are a lot of them, if in good condition and you want to replace just the countertops with hard surface that would also be a cost effective option. I like the sink and stove.
    Bookmark   July 23, 2013 at 7:21AM
Cabinets To Go
Looks like you've got a fun project on your hands! When it gets to that point, if you have any questions about cabinetry or would like to explore design options, feel free to reach out to us :) http://www.cabinetstogo.com/
    Bookmark   July 23, 2013 at 12:26PM
sumiyyah2000
I have just had s design consultation with lwk canary wharf hopefully get my kitchen from you guys many thanks x
Where are you based?
    Bookmark   August 16, 2013 at 2:26PM
LWK Kitchens London
Hi sumiyyah2000, I am also based at Canary Wharf and believe you met with my colleague Lesley-Jane who is now working on a proposal for you? She will be back in touch this week but in the meantime please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or if there is anything further that you need. Jen
    Bookmark   August 19, 2013 at 1:57AM
sumiyyah2000
Hi would anyone be able to tell me where I could purchase black Zimbabwe granite from please
    Bookmark   September 13, 2013 at 3:39AM
Alison Inge
I would get rid of the black tile backsplash and get a coffee colour on the walls and maybe a travertine tile up instead
    Bookmark   September 13, 2013 at 6:36AM
reworking a 1920 flat & undecided about combining kitchen w/ dining rm
Bought a classic "NY style" flat in Pac Heights in...
thombaum
Should I open up the Kitchen? And how?
Hello wise houzz community, we are refurbishing...
Dino Hughes
Need advice for kitchen
We are refurbishing a kitchen in what is at the moment...
bevvers
in search of kitchen drawer hardware: odd size
I am refurbishing my kitchen cabinets and want to update...
mhurowitz
Cabinet Design Ideas? Small galley kitchen refurbish
We are refurbishing our farm house to eventually retire...
Tammy Copenhaver
Wheresurbelly
my sister sent these to me. looking for the pics to...
ewalley
Lighter or darker tile ??
What's everyone's opinion on these tiles for backsplash......
jpetoniak
Close to pulling all my hair out. HELP PLEASE!
I'm not sure which countertop to go with between two...
zazfuzzroc
Choosing Cabinets for Kitchen Renovation! Please help...
Currently planning my kitchen renovation. I have already...
Toni
Need advice for furniture placement in awkward living room
Hello Moving to a house with an awkward living room...
mzapper