Bought a foreclosed house. Remodeling.
dseidel
We bought a foreclosed house that had been empty for 6 years. Lots of work to do. Having to update, remodel everything.
HI -- If you are doing this yourself , then first you need to fix anything that is for the function of you being able to live in it. Then you should make a plan and then maybe start with the worst shape room or the one you will be using the most . It's good to maybe do it one room at a time , so you don't get over whelmed . Don't gut or destroy the whole house at once , unless you have hired help and a work schedule . Especially if your living in it . Doing things a bit at a time also helps keep the costs in check. That budget can be eaten up in no time . Start a binder for your plans and ideas and invoices ,receipts , before and after photos ,and permits etc.and so on . Sounds exciting and a bit terrifying , doesn't it ! Good Luck !
July 23, 2013 at 8:00am   
HI -- Just needed to add .... don't forget to have the house inspected and tested for asbestos and lead paint and vermin etc .
July 23, 2013 at 8:05am   
HELP! gallery wall or large art piece?!
Hi there! moved in a while ago and am trying to recreate...
Door to Door Sales / Soliciting?
Do you get solicitors at your door in your neighborhood?...
Any suggestion to make this twin sister's bedroom look good?
They are 16y/o. But they don't know how to renovate...
How can I layout furniture in my living room - please help!
I have had my couch and tv in the same position for...
Opinions on family room accent chair
Good evening everyone! Just wondering which chair...