Bought a foreclosed house. Remodeling.
dseidel
We bought a foreclosed house that had been empty for 6 years. Lots of work to do. Having to update, remodel everything.
HI -- If you are doing this yourself , then first you need to fix anything that is for the function of you being able to live in it. Then you should make a plan and then maybe start with the worst shape room or the one you will be using the most . It's good to maybe do it one room at a time , so you don't get over whelmed . Don't gut or destroy the whole house at once , unless you have hired help and a work schedule . Especially if your living in it . Doing things a bit at a time also helps keep the costs in check. That budget can be eaten up in no time . Start a binder for your plans and ideas and invoices ,receipts , before and after photos ,and permits etc.and so on . Sounds exciting and a bit terrifying , doesn't it ! Good Luck !
July 23, 2013 at 8:00AM   
HI -- Just needed to add .... don't forget to have the house inspected and tested for asbestos and lead paint and vermin etc .
July 23, 2013 at 8:05AM   
Kitchen appliances pricing vs. quality
Best designed, most reliable wall ovens?
Need to hide my neighbors fence
Hi I need help to hide my neighbors fence. Every time...
Kitchen back splash tiles
This kitchen is tiny and very dark with black cabinets,...
Need help for home exterior...please!
My husband and I have bought a fixer up. We love the...
Suggestions for living room
Now that we finally have the main pieces purchased...