Stone backsplash, do or dont?
6854gail
We are redoing a farm home and I have already decided I want the stone on the front of the island. But would like to follow thru with a stacked stone (or faux) on the counter backsplash. I am not sure on this and was wondering how others feel.
nmkowalczyk
Like it but would have to see a picture of the stone
July 23, 2013 at 8:27PM     
Scott Design, Inc.
Stacked stone will be a bear to keep clean even when sealed. Suggest you use stainless steel, tile or other flat material that complements the stone for a backsplash behind the sink and stove built out to the thickness of the stacked stone. You may have to pull your sink cabinet forward to allow for faucet clearance and possibly your stove as well.

If you want to stay with the rustic stone look, consider split face stone tile. It is not as thick as stacked stone, it comes in a variety of stone and it will work well with your stone island façade. It will still be difficult to clean however and suggest you use larger tiles of the same stone, but honed for the backsplash areas.
July 23, 2013 at 9:30PM   
What color will you NEVER find in your house?
It's usually pretty easy to tell the colors that people...
New home landscaping
Help with new home landscaping. The home is located...
Storybook Ranch needs facelift and curb appeal
Our first house together! And I'm stuck dealing with...
Cambria "fix" with Epoxy?
I just had Cambria Bellingham installed today. One...