Puddling drapes
dmacewen
Is it still a current option to puddle drapes on the floor for a formal look?
Nope. We're not doing that anymore. Now we're just kissing the floor with our draperies, or some folks are allowing a relaxed bend in the fabric at the floor. I prefer a kiss!
July 23, 2013 at 6:58pm     
LB Interiors
It's not what is featured in design but I would go with what you like. I personally still like the look and feeling of lushness. Depends on the style and feeling that you want to achieve for that room. It does make cleaning the floor a little more difficult and then repositioning them again.
Window Treatments Newport Beach
Wood-Block Circles Window Panel
Cotton Canvas Faux Bead Window Panel
Softline Home Fashions Custom and Luxury Drapery for Large Bay WIndow
July 23, 2013 at 7:07pm   
Well, I do suppose it depends on how formal you want to go. Life is pretty casual here in Austin, Texas, but maybe not where you live.
July 23, 2013 at 7:15pm   
LB Interiors
Every home is different here. We have all styles going on. From formal to informal. Industrial to traditional. Retro to Old World. All of it. It all is personal taste.
July 23, 2013 at 9:11pm   
sullivandesign
Hi. Puddling looks elegant in a formal home- but not many people have a formal home - we have open kitchen family rooms, a den. So, curtains barely break on the floor. If they are above the floor, they usually look too short- like pants that are a tiny bit too short - not a good look. Also, if they barely break, allows for differences in floor height, etc.
July 23, 2013 at 11:00pm   
noiwh8
One issue with puddling drapes is that some pets (I'm not saying whose, but my mutt is covering her eyes) takes up residence on drapery puddles and that ruins the effect.
July 23, 2013 at 11:18pm     
LB Interiors
You're funny, 'noiwh8'. Yes, puddling lends itself to a more formal design.
July 23, 2013 at 11:24pm   
Mark
Puddling is ideal for stationary drapes but I would not recommend it for drapes that are open and closed all the time. I love drapes that puddle on the floor for a very formal and historical look but it is not easy to maintain, I know because I have a very formal home and it is much more work to clean the floors because you have to pick them up and dust regularly. If you are willing to do this then it is a beautiful look.
July 24, 2013 at 5:12am     
JMittman Designs
IF you do it, make sure you have enough curtain to puddle, and NOT look like you just have curtains that are too long--that is definitely not a good look.
July 24, 2013 at 9:55am   
What do you guys think about the pattern placement of granite on this
I picked out this granite and it just installed couple...
what is the best way to clean butcher block
I have a very used butcher block counter that i want...
I need living room/Fireplace help!!
My husband and I bought our first home last year. We...
Help with colours for dining room table and console table!!
Hi! We need to buy a dining table set (to replace the...
Which concept would you like to see us do more of?
We are looking to make more informative videos for...