What color for wall & floor tiles please?
cheryllff
Hi all, would like to maintain the kitchen cabinets and counter top. However, simply can't stand the wall and floor tiles! Would love to freshen up and update the kitchen. Any suggestions please? Thank u!
nmkowalczyk
They have tiles that are neutral colors with silver tiles in the mix from Home Depot. I love them. They have square and rectangle.- backsplash
July 23, 2013 at 8:58pm     
nmkowalczyk

I like how the tiles go up and down
July 23, 2013 at 9:01pm     
Allison Burnfield McAteer
Modern cabinets almost demand something more contemporary. We did vinyl flooring for our bathroom and it looks great. I would look for something that doesn't look like tile or wood. All a solid color, or a concrete look(large all over pattern) Same for the backsplash- Something smooth and contemporary.
July 23, 2013 at 9:09pm     
Keitha
What about something like this for the floor tile and backsplash to tie in with the cabinets and dark countertop?
July 23, 2013 at 9:23pm     
sullivandesign
A glass tile in soft greens or seaglass blue colors would be beautiful. Paint above the cabinets. If you like the flooring in the adjacent room, install it in this room too. You're starting with nice cabinets & countertop - good luck!
July 23, 2013 at 9:31pm   
Matilda Bos Design Studio
Hi...I agree with Sullivan Design, glass tiles would be very similar to the glass cabinet doors you have, in that watery aqua. It would be helpful to see the rooms close to your kitchen to know what the floor should be.
July 23, 2013 at 10:00pm   
A dark floor like the one you picked out would look great and I like the mix you found but think you may need to find a beach glass element to tie in the glass front cabinets.
July 23, 2013 at 10:38pm   
Keitha
I don't think the current aqua glass doors really compliment your cabinets but reeded glass doors would be awesome!
July 24, 2013 at 10:06pm     
Keitha...that linen look floor tile and backsplash is just perfect!
July 24, 2013 at 10:12pm   
Keitha
Thanks Darzy..... I think it would be a very nice update!
July 24, 2013 at 10:22pm   
dldesignstudio
Island Stone has a tile called Frangipani that is the perfect seaglass color. Not shiny but matte instead. I installed in a modern kitchen and it looks fantastic. Looks better than pic when on the vertical. Frosty
July 24, 2013 at 10:46pm     
cheryllff
Thanks everyone! Really appreciate the suggestions! I think i would maintain the seaglass on the cabinets and go with the tiles Keitha suggested. : )
August 1, 2013 at 7:51pm   
What colour should I paint my kitchen walls and cabinets..?
I'm looking at farrow and ball colours to completely...
Need to give these 1950's steps a makeover!
Round 1950's pebble crete steps are damaged and falling...
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
Okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...
The bathroom is ugly and dated. I keep trying to camouflage it.
The tub, toilet and sink are this awful skin color....
Need help picking brick to go with an orange roof!!
We are keeping the stone & the roof isn't that old,...