Need Help Quick.Surprised me w beadboard but don't know how high to go
duchessofdelmar
So you know we are nearing the end of a bathroom Reno (because of my constant questions :) last night I hinted to dear husband that I want to put up beadboard and this am my parents texts me saying they will split it with us for my birthday. But it has to happen today, In a few hours.
So.... The panels come 48" and we will put a chair rail ontop. How do I know what height to do? You can see pictures on my page (on my phone so I'm not sure I can post them) of the bathroom.
The highest side of the sloped ceiling is about 9 1/2 ft the room is about 7 1/2 by 7 1/2. benji moore robins nest lightened by 25% on the walls. White hex and subway with black mosaic accent on perimeter, Lacriete silver Shadow (light grey) grout. White vanity w Carerra top and splash.
Do you think I should do a bright white beadboard to match vanity and tub or a not quite white like the tile (I'm leaning bright white so I don't have to figure out what color the tile is- guess I could just bring a tile in though.)
Anything I should know? This is so last moment I don really have time to consider how it will effect overall design. I'm thinking it may mean getting rid of the idea to attach milk crates as cubbies since there will be beadboard on the wall.
Am I going to have too much white? Is this bathroom going to be boring ? Worried about all the white.
Will I still be able to hang low hooks for the kids towels? What do u think?
dalma darling
Just came across this question (sorry for the late response) but since I know how your bathroom turned out - http://www.houzz.com/discussions/545155/Concealed-or-Skirted-trapway-toilets-with (and I absolutely love it!) I know you went another way. Such a good example of the things that outside influence can promote - I've been in your exact shoes before but with hardware for our kitchen renovation. I would like to know why you decided against the beadboard as we're considering it for our bathroom renovation as well and I'm just curious if you had a reason why you didn't want to go with it. Hope all of your other projects are going well!
September 5, 2013 at 9:17pm   
duchessofdelmar
Thanks:). You know they put the primer up and I saw all that white and realized I wanted the contrast of the white vanity against blue walls-not more white. I need to get motivated to get inhere and do the accessories- especially a shower curtain, lol. We love the new bathroom though it's awesome. Good luck.
September 5, 2013 at 9:35pm     
What decorative items do you hate the most?
It does not have to be overused or trend that should...
QUARTZ COUNTER TOPS
I have found a Viatera quartz countertop that I really...
choosing the correct mosaic tiles
Can I use a shiny mosaic tile in a bathroom that has...
Curb appeal help!
We bought this house last fall. We love the corner...
Family Room (Starting Over)
I'm starting over. I need suggestions on accessorizing....