What would you do with this house?
ellachase
We are in the process of buying a 1950s house with a 1970s extension which sits in a very beautiful plot i the South of England. It is a pretty ugly looking house and we would also like to change the layout to reflect more modern living - ie open plan with separate utility, playroom, sitting room and office rooms. We would also like to extend the first floor area and add an en suite to a master bedroom.
I'd love to hear people's opinions as to what they would do with this house, how you'd remodel both the exterior and interior!
Many thanks in advance!
A Crew of Two
How exciting! I would love to be able to do a home like this- I am jealous. I am going to start upstairs. If you do not need the 4 bedrooms, I would definitely start by adding a new bathroom. I would take bedroom 4 and make the back area into a closet for the bedroom #2 and make the front part a bath. Then I would make the current tub room into a closet for bedroom #3. For the lower level, an open kitchen would be really nice. Where would you add the ensuite master? Off the snug/living area? For the exterior- I think some windows to match the original would be a good start. The 1970s are just not very nice. A carport would be nice for the entry. Fireplace Pavillion with Wood Gate English Tudor Estate & Garden
July 24, 2013 at 12:52pm   
lack luster living room with fantastic view.
I'm at a loss as to how to jazz up my living room using...
Model of whirlpool tub
I have been researching oval drop-in whirlpool bathtubs...
bathroom shower walls 16x24 tiles, bathroom tiles?
Should the tile on shower walls be bigger than bathroom...
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...
Washing machine hook up box above counter top???
I am renovating my laundry room - actually my contractor...