What would you do with this house?
ellachase
July 24, 2013 in Design Dilemma
We are in the process of buying a 1950s house with a 1970s extension which sits in a very beautiful plot i the South of England. It is a pretty ugly looking house and we would also like to change the layout to reflect more modern living - ie open plan with separate utility, playroom, sitting room and office rooms. We would also like to extend the first floor area and add an en suite to a master bedroom.
I'd love to hear people's opinions as to what they would do with this house, how you'd remodel both the exterior and interior!
Many thanks in advance!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
A Crew of Two
How exciting! I would love to be able to do a home like this- I am jealous. I am going to start upstairs. If you do not need the 4 bedrooms, I would definitely start by adding a new bathroom. I would take bedroom 4 and make the back area into a closet for the bedroom #2 and make the front part a bath. Then I would make the current tub room into a closet for bedroom #3. For the lower level, an open kitchen would be really nice. Where would you add the ensuite master? Off the snug/living area? For the exterior- I think some windows to match the original would be a good start. The 1970s are just not very nice. A carport would be nice for the entry. Fireplace Pavillion with Wood Gate English Tudor Estate & Garden
July 24, 2013 at 12:52pm   
More Discussions
lack luster living room with fantastic view.
I'm at a loss as to how to jazz up my living room using...
Model of whirlpool tub
I have been researching oval drop-in whirlpool bathtubs...
bathroom shower walls 16x24 tiles, bathroom tiles?
Should the tile on shower walls be bigger than bathroom...
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...
Washing machine hook up box above counter top???
I am renovating my laundry room - actually my contractor...
© 2014 Houzz Inc.
Houzz® The new way to design your home™