TV room
sweeps22
Looking for advice on color palette. Was thinking possibly navy and grey. Just not sure where to take it from there. Accent color? Area rug? TV has to stay where it is and I am too afraid to touch the fireplace except for painting the wood part white as well as the ledge behind loveseat. Was thinking just two end tables, one in between loveseat and chair and the other on the far end of the couch. No coffee table. Want a great statement piece for mantle just not sure what? Mirror or art? I am eventually painting the room just unsure of the color because it flows right into the kitchen and shares a wall so it would have to work in there as well thats why I was thinking to keep it neutral or just do an accent wall where the fireplace is.
Warner Decor
what about navy, grey, and mustard yellow? or navy and white is always a very classic look. I think a mirror with a cool frame would look great on the mantle, and would also make your room appear larger than it is.
1 Like   Thanked by sweeps22    July 24, 2013 at 4:22PM
sweeps22
Do you think a circular or rectangle mirror would be best?
0 Likes   July 24, 2013 at 4:24PM
abbyjean
Not even a part of your question, but can you bring the furniture in closer? AWAY from the walls some, especially the one near the half wall? BEAUTIFUL room and you have some great ideas!
0 Likes   July 24, 2013 at 4:31PM
abbyjean
Oops! Maybe not as I just saw the chair there. Would it work? Hate to cover too much of those beautiful floors with too much of a rug. I do like the idea of a coffee table, though. Just something about the love seat on that half wall that does not feel right.
0 Likes   July 24, 2013 at 4:33PM
sweeps22
abbyjean, I know what you are saying about the arrangement. I feel like there is a big gap on the floor in the middle of the room. If I pull the love seat in closer, the entryway into the room is going to be tighter, that is the reason I have it against the wall but I am certainly open to suggestions. There is not really many ways to rearrange with the TV in that spot.
0 Likes   July 24, 2013 at 4:35PM
Warner Decor
I think a rectangular mirror.
0 Likes   July 24, 2013 at 4:36PM
abbyjean
IF the couch slides down a bit, can the chair angle in next to the fireplace? I know it might be tough to see the tv, though??? AND then can the love seat angle in to the corner where the chair was?
0 Likes   July 24, 2013 at 4:39PM
sweeps22
we mainly watch tv in this room so ideally all the seating would face the tv. I feel like if i caddy corner the loveseat where there chair currently is that it will feel like its in no mans land.
0 Likes   July 24, 2013 at 4:43PM
Sharon Charboneau, RESA Pro, Interior Stylist
Nice room. What colour is the kitchen? From what I see, both rooms are same colour? The colours should flow, you're right, however they don't have to be same. They just have to complement each other.

Isn't tv difficult to see against windows? What about moving it to opposite corner on other side of fireplace? There is room for the couch to move over.

The floors are lovely as is. A hearth rug, or even a bit bigger would be nice. And this could be an abstract print that would co-ordinate with colours of walls, cushions & furniture, with some pops of colour.

Because your fireplace is rectangular, a round mirror would be a better choice, in either a silver finish or black.

A fireplace is meant to be a focal point of a room. Your furniture placement works for this purpose. If you don't want to paint the fireplace, then choose a room colour which works with the brick. That way, the fireplace will blend in & be softer. If you go this route, do not paint the wood on mantel white, keep it as is.

Not every room needs a coffee table. There are so many other options. Like using 2 small tables together, or pouffs/stools. In fact, they would update the look in the room.

You do need some lighting for someone who wants to read, knit.....can put a sofa table behind one of sofas, or use side tables. Or you can use a floor lamp, like behind the chair & ottoman.
0 Likes   July 24, 2013 at 4:48PM
A fireplace screen can soften the look of the fireplace as well: take a look at the selection on one of my favourite shopping sites:
http://www.wayfair.com/keyword.php?keyword=decorative+fireplace+screens&ust=decorative+fireplace+screens&command=dosearch&new_keyword_search=true
0 Likes   July 24, 2013 at 4:54PM
abbyjean
I can totally understand NEEDING to see the tv in that room and that is what I was wondering. The couch seems lost on that wall, though. Can it still move down enough to still see the tiv and the chair go at the end of it? The love seat still go in the chair corner?
0 Likes   July 24, 2013 at 5:05PM
abbyjean
Can you also angle the tv just a titch more? Something seems off with the way it is in that corner to me.
0 Likes   July 24, 2013 at 5:06PM
abbyjean
No matter what other opinions are, I LOVE that plant on the mantel! It fits there!!!! Please find a way to keep it there.
0 Likes   July 24, 2013 at 5:07PM
abbyjean
IF the chair goes on the wall with the couch, is the ottoman big enough to be an ottoman for the couch instead of the chair?
0 Likes   July 24, 2013 at 5:07PM
sweeps22
abbyjean, so I understand, you want the chair to go on the wall where the loveseat currently is? and caddy corner loveseat where chair is?
0 Likes   July 24, 2013 at 5:19PM
sweeps22
Sharon, I love your suggestions. What paint color do you think would suit the room? The kitchen has red accents, a sandy yellow/brown granite color countertop. What do you mean by two small tables together to act as a coffee table? Like nesting tables? I can't visualize it
0 Likes   July 24, 2013 at 5:21PM
sweeps22
yes, both kitchen and tv room are currently same paint color (very neutral beige)
0 Likes   July 24, 2013 at 5:24PM
abbyjean
Yes, put the love seat where the chair is now, at an angle. Move the couch down enough to still see the tv, after you angle the tv just a bit more. THEN will the chair fit at the end of the couch, angled directly at the tv? We will worry about the ottoman after that. This will fill up the couch wall better and it will open up that half wall.
0 Likes   July 24, 2013 at 5:24PM
sweeps22
abbyjean, ottoman can be relocated to either couch as well
0 Likes   July 24, 2013 at 5:26PM
sweeps22
I see what you are saying now. Then leave the half wall completely empty?
0 Likes   July 24, 2013 at 5:27PM
abbyjean
Yes! That wall needs to be left empty. OK????
0 Likes   July 24, 2013 at 5:28PM
abbyjean
That ottoman can take the place of buying a coffee table for that room and it can still be a functional piece.
0 Likes   July 24, 2013 at 5:29PM
sweeps22
Hi everyone..after spending some time thinking about this room, I am still very stuck on where to start. I have tried rearranging to no avail. I feel like I am missing an inspiration piece to start designing the room around. I know I want navy throw pillows and a circular silver or black mirror above mantle. No rug. I think it needs a coffee table but my husband thinks it will be too much going on and would rather do two end tables. one by the chair and one by the other side of the fireplace. I thought about getting two end tables side by side in front of the big couch to act as a coffee table but not sure that would work if tables were round? I feel very lost. Where is an easy place to begin?
0 Likes   September 15, 2013 at 4:28PM
sweeps22
have been thinking about getting two of these tables..will these work? http://www.target.com/p/modern-side-table-black/-/A-10788037#prodSlot=medium_1_30
0 Likes   September 15, 2013 at 4:33PM
sweeps22
Can someone recommend a coffee table and end table for this room? What color and shape would u go with.
0 Likes   February 16, 2014 at 11:26AM
abbyjean
I think I would go with a darker color to tie in with the legs of your furniture. Round for both tables would break up all the rectangles in this room.
0 Likes   February 16, 2014 at 1:32PM
bryght.com
I think adding floating shelves to the wall to the right of the fireplace would be a nice way to add interest to the wall as well as to add some personal touches to the room. You could display decorative accents, photos and what have you. I think the Eugene or Eustace floating shelf from Bryght would work really well with your existing furnishings and finishes.

For more information and styles visit www.bryght.com

Just an idea... Happy Decorating!
0 Likes   February 16, 2014 at 2:06PM
Help my ugly little house
I know the landscaping needs help - I plan to go for...
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...
What size bar style hardware for my white shaker cabinets?
For my remodeled kitchen, I have chosen shaker style...
Any tips to make my fireplace a cozy stunner?
We are updating our blasé mid-60s home bit by bit;...
Need help finishing living room wall
I am hoping to get some help in finishing my living...