Hardwood tile AND natural hardwood???
jackiesully
I'm building a house and would love the look of hardwood in the kitchen- but I feel more comfortable putting tile in the kitchen. (My father is a builder and is also strongly suggesting tile in the kitchen). Any pictures or suggestions on putting hardwood tile (darker color) in the kitchen and having natural hardwood throughout the rest of the house? We are building a colonial- so the kitchen will flow into the dining room- which will be natural hardwood. Suggestions????
Tracy
I've considered doing that too.
July 24, 2013 at 7:48PM     
Ed
Hi Jackie, the tricky part is all the transition points where tile meets real hardwood. Photos, please ?
July 25, 2013 at 2:27AM   
megjan
Have hardwood in our kitchen and love the look 12 years later just as much. It was one of the only items on our wish list when we had our home built...
July 25, 2013 at 5:28PM   
The hardwood floors in our kitchen (like the rest of our house) are 90 years old, last refinished 20 years ago. They are holding up beautifully, and we absolutely love them.
July 25, 2013 at 5:34PM     
Deborah Butler, Brickwood Builders
I don't care for the look of using a "fake" hardwood next to a real hardwood. If I were going to put tile in the kitchen, I would use something that does not look like hardwood.
July 25, 2013 at 6:30PM     
Oak & Broad
Most of our clients put their hand made floors in their kitchen. There shouldn't be any issues if the floors are properly sealed. Here are some some recent photos. Please let me know if you have any questions. joel@eutree.com
July 26, 2013 at 8:14AM     
This dining room is holding me hostage ...
... I can't walk by this room without stopping to stare...
Powder room
I need to know how to work with assessor using ivory...
Paint suggestion?
With newly stained concrete floors we are trying to...
Help with the family Room!
With a one year, starting to walk around and a dog...