Need Help With My Kitchen
Sparkle Love
July 24, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Lord Jesus I Need All The Help I Can Get" My kitchen is hideous" It's My Very First Home An Im So Greatful" But There's No Space" An Everything Is Off" It's So Overwhelming To Do Alone" Just Please I Beg Of Thee HELPPPPPPP":-)
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
suzanne_m
I flipped your picture:
July 24, 2013 at 10:27pm     
Sparkle Love
Oh Bless U Love" Greatly It's A Thanks"
July 24, 2013 at 10:57pm     
gogoellen
Wow! It really is kinda different, well,.......No where to go but up!!! I think you've come to the right place but I know the experts here will need to know your budget!!!
July 24, 2013 at 11:04pm     
Sparkle Love
I think it would really be less then $500 an I so hate that" But kids are Preparing for school so There goes the bank account" :-)
July 24, 2013 at 11:10pm     
Ann Hines
First congratulations. Paint is going to be your friend. Invest time prior to preparing the cabinets i.e. primer etc. Also Ikea has a butcher block counter top that is very reasonable but gives a very nice look to a kitchen if you can get some help with install. Craigslist for items sometimes free is always a great place always for new home buyers or budget conscious. Yard sales etc. Be creative. There are numerous blogs they have fantastic ideas that are cost effective and space savers. It looks like it could turn out to be a really great space. I wish you the best with your first home.
July 25, 2013 at 4:46am     
Sparkle Love
Thank You So Very Much" Ill Be Looking Into All Those prospects" There's hope yet"
July 25, 2013 at 11:39am   
PRO
Kelli Kaufer Designs
I don't know what your style is, traditional, mid mod, contemporary, rustic?

Oh, you can do a lot! Paint the cabinets - buy 1 roll of wallpaper and place on the back of upper cabinets - this is what I did for a home that we used their existing cabinets and removed the top doors - just like in your photo! Inexpensive but a huge transformation!

Like the IKEA wood countertops, great bang for the buck and I feel is the best solution and is actually a popular countertop right now.

Backsplash - there are many inexpensive tiles out there - subway size would give the space an updated look (like in the photo).

If you are a DIY'er, tile your floor, once again many inexpensive neutral tiles out there and at great prices.

Do your remodel in stages as to not hurt your pocket book or get over whelmed with projects.

Hope these ideas help - if you need more ideas let me know!
July 25, 2013 at 2:04pm     
Sparkle Love
Oh Wow" That's So Beautiful" I So Wish All Of You Were Close By" I So Need The Inspiration and energy That you all are given out" WORDS CAN'T EXPLAIN THE APPRECIATION"
July 25, 2013 at 2:23pm     
brickln
Yup-this one will clean up pretty. If you paint the cabinets a color other than white, you can live with the white countertops for awhile. The Formica backsplash can be left alone or painted, or you could add decals to dress it up.
It looks like the floor needs a lot of attention. I'd put the money into that- hopefully you won't need a new sub-floor.
July 25, 2013 at 4:35pm     
diyher
lol, you also need help with your photography, everything doesn't need to be taken on an angle :)
July 25, 2013 at 5:36pm     
Sparkle Love
I'm looking into a light purple for the cabins n white & gray tile for the floors"
July 26, 2013 at 9:46pm     
diyher
for me anyway, not so sure I would go for light purple for the cabinets. Cabinets are a LOT more work to paint should you ever decide to change the colors later on in your kitchen or eventually sell your house. Thinking some type of off white? With so many shades of white to choose from, it would be more classic, and you could save the purple for accent colors in other areas like curtains, seat cushions if you have them?
I'm painting my own kitchen cabinets now with SW's antique white. I searched a lot on Youtube and watched the process people used and read a lot on here and other DIY forums to be sure I was doing it right. Guessing your cabinets are wood?
July 26, 2013 at 10:20pm     
Sparkle Love
Ok yes it sounds more understandable
July 26, 2013 at 10:36pm   
PRO
Kelli Kaufer Designs
I say go for the light purple!!!! Gray and white floor - love it! Just don't go too dark with the purple. A soft hue would look beautiful! Homeowners are starting to add more color and personality into their kitchens - (being a designer for television, I need to be on the cutting edge of design) And it is only paint!!!!! Take some pictures when you are finished would love to see them.
August 7, 2013 at 7:49am     
historichouse65
Have fun! It will be a wonderful kitchen. You have a great attitude! Blessings!
August 18, 2013 at 8:21pm     
Sparkle Love
Thank You
August 19, 2013 at 8:33am