Need help updating my bedroom
sxyoung2003
What else can be done with this wall color? Not ready to paint yet. I want to change every thing else, lamps, bedding, etc.. I was thinking gray/red or silver/black/white. Not sure. Any ideas?
What is the wall color? The first picture looks lime..the second looks tanish.

July 24, 2013 at 10:17PM     
sxyoung2003
Its supposed to be gold, as painted by previous owners. The 2nd pic was taken at night, didn't have good lighting.
July 25, 2013 at 6:43AM   
jdavid10
What look are u going for. I would paint first. Usually after that it's easier for things to fall into place
July 25, 2013 at 7:02AM   
collettec
I would start by trying to figure out the look that you want. I would check the houzz browse rooms bedroom section, checking various color configurations or styles that you're interested in, so that you can get an idea of what you like. Often bedding is a good place to start to decorate around in a bedroom, so you might look for bedding in the colors that you like and see what you find and then take accent colors from there. Not sure if you are keeping the brass bed. If so, you might find it more difficult to work with silver as well as the brass together.
July 25, 2013 at 7:24AM   
jillybeansisme
I think a paint job first. Even if you just do some vertical stripes in the alcove the bed is in. It'll change up the look completely. While I love red, it is not a very calming, restive color. If you go with red, I would keep it to some accents only. I'm not a big fan of gray with gold unless it was a deep dark gray. Perhaps get some window scarfs?/sashes? (the long relatively narrow pieces of cloth) and drape the canopy rods and pick up one of those colors for a solid spread. Get new curtains in the scarf material for any windows. Are you looking for sensuous? girly? classic? elegant? Figure out what you like before spending money on something you won't like.
July 25, 2013 at 12:25PM   
Liza Jane Interiors
If you plan to keep the gold color, I would try grey with it. Your table lamps need to be beefier - too much like the bed. The wall art is hung too high. Good luck.
July 25, 2013 at 12:30PM   
collettec
Have included a couple of bedding choices that might be something to consider that have both gold and red in them. I think you could use something above the bed as well. Would the mirror on the side wall work there? If not that, then perhaps something like a collection of decorative round plates might be something to consider for above the bed.
The bedding choices in red and gold: http://www.potterybarn.com/products/madera-suzani-duvet-cover-sham-red/?pkey=cred& http://www.potterybarn.com/products/rosalie-paisley-duvet-cover-sham/?pkey=cred&
July 25, 2013 at 1:45PM   
The Welcome Home: Interior Design Solutions
You could change the look of the bed by hanging some fabric on the headboard side. It would help soften the lines of the bed and anchor it on the wall. Your art is hung too high. You should choose something a little wider and hang it layered behind the lamps. You could use mirrors instead of pictures. I would change the curtains and bedding to create a softer, lighter color scheme. It's hard to recommend a specific color because it's difficult to tell what the true color is on the wall. I would find a bedding set that has some of the wall color in it but in combination with other colors. This will help establish your color scheme. Then choose curtains based on your bedding. I would layer the bedding set with some additional pieces in solid colors and different textures. The pictures I attached show how I used the patterned bedding to establish the color scheme. It also shows how the art can be layered behind the lamps. Good luck!
July 25, 2013 at 2:31PM   
Help! I need help updating my bedroom.
I can't place my finger on it but something feels wrong....
Help with my Master Bedroom... I need to update!
Help! What does this room need? My bathtub overflowed...
Need some ideas for art on the walls in my updated bedroom!
In my bedroom, I ripped up the carpet and replaced...
Help me Update my bedroom. Pleeeeeeese!
I am looking to re-do my bedroom, update to a more...
Need help with bedroom update
I'm in the process of revamping my bedroom linens,...
Is my crown too big??
All the builder has put up is in the left hand corner...
What can I do for this area
Can u plz give me ideas on what I cam do to this area...
Before and After.....renovated the exterior of my home, thought I'd sh
Thanks for your input, hopefully I've done it right...too...
Hardwood flooring
Currently the main has dark hardwood and so does the...
Making two bedrooms out of three
I have an older split level home with three small bedrooms...