Need advise on colors for my Kitchen & Dinning room
dubzorz
Hey! Looking to color my kitchen and dinning room. I Like the honey oak cabinets and the floor. they both get a lot of light from the sliding door in the dinning room, and the big window in the living room. I was thinking something like a sage green for kitchen and a dull red for the dinning room. I like the stainless steel appliances, but the range can be replaced above the stove. Backsplash? Or just color the walls with a fresh white? Thanks!
jstevenson716
I was going to suggest something in the green family for the kitchen, it will go really well with your cabinets and floors, I'm not sure about the red for the dining room though, it seems too Christmasy......I would go with green in both spaces, and accessorize with some other colors, a deep yellow would be pretty and would pull from the colors in your painting and red I think could work for accessories to since there would just be pops of it!
July 25, 2013 at 10:01am      Thanked by dubzorz
abbyjean
Sage green would be awesome for the whole big area and accent with red, like the towels there now.
July 25, 2013 at 10:05am      Thanked by dubzorz
celerygirl
July 25, 2013 at 10:12am   
searcy
Apple green with chili red accents (red with orange undertone) and accents in mustard as well. Black granite with green flecks and black and green backsplash. Chili red baskets on top with hidden rope lighting on top. The chili color pops against the green when lit up at night. Window treatment in crazy bird.
July 25, 2013 at 10:16am   
abbyjean
I snoop every time I look inside a room. What would you think of putting the bar area from on top of the fridge to the console by the table? It looks like so much room on the top and it would give some height there, too. Then move the picture down, too. THAT picture is giving you all the perfect colors for this area! NICE!
July 25, 2013 at 11:12am      Thanked by dubzorz
A-J is right once more - use your art for color matching. Take it to the paint store and go lighter with the shades you find in it. A good paint person will be able to nail the ideal color for you. How about replacing that kitchen "boob" light with something like these to focus on your cabinet fronts with a nice wash of light? Then a new pendant in the stairwell that ties all your lighting together. Looks like you have room for another set of glass front, lighted cabinets on top of yours. That will fill the space to the ceiling and allow for pretty displays that will increase the beauty of your kitchen. Consider an over-the-stove vented microwave to clear some counter space. Agree the bar would look good elsewhere, but I'd put it on that nice table at the stairs with a tray, glasses, mixer tools - a true mini-bar.
Contemporary ProTrack® 200 Watt Amber/White Glass Bronze 4-Light Wave Bar
Dark Bronze Three-Light Spot Light Pendant W/ Amber Wiped Glass
Madison Oil Rubbed Bronze Three-Light Chandelier with Amber Glass
rossington architecture
July 25, 2013 at 1:03pm   
abbyjean
I saw that table, too, and that one could work for the bar area!!! Still a central location. It might even be Happy Hour now!
July 25, 2013 at 1:08pm   
abbyjean
I never thought about mounting a microwave, but I wondered about moving the knives over to the small counter by the stove with a cute little cutting board right there. Then moving the micro to the corner area where the toaster is now. That would put a little black in to that corner. Can the paper towels go under the sink and the toaster and coffee pot over on that side of the sink? Set up the area where the microwave is now as a little central home office area. Gosh.......just ignore all of this if you are happy as you do have a nice area and all you asked for was a paint color!
July 25, 2013 at 1:09pm   
abbyjean
Put some fun splashes of accent colors on the tops of your cupboards. I know some like them empty, but I like open areas with some fun things up there. Do not use it for storage. Do not go too low so they can easily be seen and appreciated.
July 25, 2013 at 1:12pm      Thanked by dubzorz
need help for my kitchen bathroom dinning room living room
How could i design my apartment to seem larger also...
I need to redesign my kitchen and connect it to the dinning room
Mostly I will need design ideas. I need to take advantange...
Need help for my Kitchen/Dinning room
Hi, I need some interior ideas for my recently built...
Internet 3D room Design program
Is there a particularly good 3d room design program...
PAINT IT ALL WHITE?? Or paint bottom bricks light greige/taupe?
We have a small budget (2000) but really need to help...
Need ideas for kitchen backsplash - its not level!
The floor is not level in this old house which makes...
Kitchen backsplash
Looking for suggestions for my kitchen backsplash and/or...
American and Australian plumbing
I'm looking at buying a console sink from the USA,...