Ideas of what to add or do to this living room!!
claudynessa
I have teal as my accent color with a rug and accet pillows but I need to add something! Any idea would help!!
This room needs one more accent color and the photo is a bit dark to see clearly.

July 25, 2013 at 7:10pm     
shortped
Also needs pattern rather than all solids
July 25, 2013 at 7:12pm     
Norma Sassone
Lots more pattern! which makes a room seem personal. Teal area rug 9 X 12; white and teal drapes to lighten things up, and a black and white ottoman - mostly white with a graphic black print (You can put a black lacquered tray to cover most of the ottoman - convenient and the patterns won't clash). Non matching dark wood end tables with mercury glass lamps from Pottery Barn.
July 25, 2013 at 7:25pm     
claudynessa
Thanks! What other color shoul I add?? And what else of that color could I add??
July 25, 2013 at 9:42pm   
TJG Design Studio
Look at this photo and how it is done in layers of both colour and pattern. This room needs this idea. Take your solid teal toss, and then add a small stripe in teal, cream and chocolate or gray... Then add a floral with those colours, then a throw. The drapery could be a pattern or a band of muted wider stripes in similar colours. Add another pop of colour finally in a fuchsia or deep purple or a green in some other accessories.
July 25, 2013 at 10:34pm   
TJG Design Studio
July 25, 2013 at 10:34pm     
frchgrl
I think some coral would look really nice. Maybe even an actual coral pattern.
July 25, 2013 at 10:39pm     
claudynessa
I really like the coral pattern idea. I'm thinking of getting 2 pillows with patterns that are just coral. And maybe some accesories that are also coral. I like the stripe idea too I will try to find something like that. Any other ideas would help! Or certain suggestions from Ikea, walmart, jysk those are the major stores here in my town.
July 26, 2013 at 1:45pm   
shortped
Rug
July 26, 2013 at 7:37pm   
Spaces Designed, Interior Design Studio, LLC
I would definitely get a fun rug and fun throw pillows. No one seems to have suggested a coffee table yet? If you get a bold teal colored rug, I would try to find a farmhouse style white coffee table for a sophisticated glam look. New drapes as well! They seem to blend into the walls right now. Good luck!
July 26, 2013 at 7:45pm   
inna1975
Have a look at this for some ideas.
July 26, 2013 at 11:43pm     
Mandie Beck Art
I love teal. It goes well with many colors, but my favorite is an orangy red.
July 27, 2013 at 2:06am   
shortped
Rug and drapes
July 27, 2013 at 6:19am   
shortped
Ideas
July 27, 2013 at 6:31am     
claudynessa
I love these pillow! Where r they from??
July 27, 2013 at 9:04pm   
shortped
First one is DENY design.....under products on Houzz go to pillows and in search put teal and coral....they are towards the beginning. Second group....etsy....PopOColor....under pillows again put teal and coral ikat and you will see them.
July 28, 2013 at 5:02pm   
shortped
What did you think of the rug?
July 28, 2013 at 5:03pm   
claudynessa
Thanks! Ill check those pillows out. The rug is really nice but we already bought the solid teal rug so I have to use the one we already have.
July 28, 2013 at 9:18pm   
pbjammin
It seems that the larger couch may fit proportionally better in front of the window where the smaller couch is now. Then you could add another chair by the smaller couch in a teal/coral? color
July 28, 2013 at 9:25pm   
cathieg
From what I can see you and I have similar taste. I have not finished mine yet, but you can see from the picture I have used Green with the teal which works well. I am introducing pattern when I recover the two footstool/ottomans and in the cushions as well. Where the gallery wall is now I plan to put up a long shelf with a piece of wall decor below it and the gallery will go on the wall behind the smaller sofa. I think some of these ideas would suit your layout. I think the use of a coffee table and a corner table, which would sit next to your smaller sofa, would work also. I hope I have helped. All the best with finding what suits. I am in Australia so I can't help regarding sourcing what you need to purchase.
July 28, 2013 at 11:02pm   
cathieg
Sorry, here is my photo :-/
July 28, 2013 at 11:04pm   
LB Interiors
I agree, a third color and maybe coral

July 29, 2013 at 1:09am     
BannerBuzz
@LB Interiors.. this was awesome interior .. If we use some attractive and matching wall stickers to room theme.. then it will look more awesome....
July 29, 2013 at 1:35am   
claudynessa
I just added one more pillow what does everyone think?? I can still return it.
July 29, 2013 at 4:04pm     
LB Interiors
I like the pillow. Adds a new warm color. Adds some life and brightness.
July 29, 2013 at 4:18pm     
Norma Sassone
Love it! Now take that color palette and run with it!
July 29, 2013 at 4:43pm     
Stephanie Long
I feel like art is always a great way to add punctuation and character to a room. There is a new AWESOME iPad app called ARTtwo50. You can take a picture of your space and see original art virtually hanging in your room. The art is pretty great, and all work is $250 for an original piece of art which is pretty good. After you find ones you like you can compare them and get feedback. There;s all genre's and you are able to see a variety and then decide what fits you and your lifestyle.
July 29, 2013 at 5:31pm   
claudynessa
I just added the orange pillow on the left. What do u guys think?? Should I get a second one for the sofa and move the one on the right to the loveseat. That way theres 2 of main pillows. Would like to hear opinions. Im thinking of also getting this side table.
July 31, 2013 at 4:34pm     
Norma Sassone
I adore that side table and the other pillow looks great too ;-) Drapes?
July 31, 2013 at 4:50pm   
claudynessa
Should I get another orange pillow thats in the left?? Do I need more pattern instead??
July 31, 2013 at 4:56pm   
Norma Sassone
A coffee table or ottoman? The rug should go under the sofa and love seat, too p perhaps a graphic pattern on the rug. What is on the wall facing the sofa? Since there is a pass-thru behind the sofa and a window behind the love seat, that wall would be a great place for the art that some have shared above.
July 31, 2013 at 6:18pm     
frchgrl
I would get the same pillow for the other side to balance it out evenly.
July 31, 2013 at 6:47pm   
frchgrl
Maybe it's because this is my favorite theme but I see an ocean theme here. Coral, blue, white. Do you have any interest in going that route? I have that in my living room with the same colors but opposite. My couch is a butterscotch leather couch. Teal pillows and white starfish in a bowl, shells, coral reef prints. I love it.
July 31, 2013 at 6:48pm     
frchgrl
I think the rug is too dark. Just my opinion. A pattern rug a bit lighter? Some floral or geometric ? Here's a gray one that works too.
http://www.centsationalgirl.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/blue-and-coral-pillows.jpg
July 31, 2013 at 6:55pm   
claudynessa
I really love all the ideas! The rug unfortunatly i cant change or return it so I have to work with it. That wall infront of the couch has a shelf and is where the tv will be.
July 31, 2013 at 8:28pm   
claudynessa
Frchgrl, I really love that pic! Im thinking of getting mirrors like that! Thanks
August 1, 2013 at 5:13am     
claudynessa
How does the table look?? I decided to buy it. Now I just need one more orange pillow to even out the couch. And what do u guys think about the accent chair??
August 1, 2013 at 7:35pm   
claudynessa
Picture
August 1, 2013 at 7:42pm     
frchgrl
Definitely getting there! FYI On the rug, you can totally work with it! But you could also layer another light rug on top of it if you wanted to try a pattern or other color.
August 2, 2013 at 8:30am   
claudynessa
What are some opinions about the black and white chair???
August 7, 2013 at 12:14pm   
claudynessa
Will it go with the other things in the living room??
August 7, 2013 at 12:14pm   
Norma Sassone
I like the one behind it in the photo better because the background is more of an off white like your sofas.
August 7, 2013 at 2:45pm     
looking for idea for a add on to our lake home living room 10 foot wal
Looking for idea for a add on to our lake home in Villard...
Need paint ideas for remodel/add on living space/bonus room
We are enclosing our garage and turning the downstairs...
Need ideas (if any) to add to my living room....
I love my living room! I just moved into my new place...
Jesse's kitchen - what kitchen would look good?
I'd love some ideas for a total kitchen refit, some...
I want to know review regarding camel bone furniture for home.
Can I use camel bone sofa set & dining table for home?...
Switching interior trim color with open archway
My kitchen is all white. It has open archway to foyer....
Are you Houzzing in the UK? Come and say hi!
I thought it would be nice to get to know you better...
How to layout furniture in my small apartment living room?
I have a small apartment. My living room is 13.5 feet...