Front Door & Garage door paint suggestions?
adm1002
Hi!
I really dislike my front door in general. The main issue is the maroon color. I am thinking of painting the door/frame/sidelights and maybe the garage doors as well. Any suggestions?

pictures would be amazing. :))
papillon2
I would keep the garage door its present color, unless you want it to become a focal point. You already have a lot of interest in the stone, and don't need to create more by making the garage door stand out.

I think a light bluish gray might be nice on the front door.
July 26, 2013 at 7:15am   
This color on your front door is actually well keyed to the brick tone. You have a very traditional home, so a bright pop of color on the front door is ill advised. You could go to a classic charcoal tone - like sw roycroft peter http://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color/find-and-explore-colors/paint-colors-by-family/SW2848-roycroft-pewter/

Might I say that I believe the real challenge here is the palladian window four panel door when you might properly have a more tudor-esque door. You have a huge eyebrow transom light, and several around the turret - my issue with the front door is the style - inexpensive builder grade quality of it compared to the extensive and detailed brick and stone work / archtopped windows on the home. If you were to look at doors with tudor details, a wood look finish door would be preferable, perhaps a rustic plank with calavos and a speakeasy window. Look at these as examples then speak to your local building supply - you might do better with a wood look fiberglass door http://www.thefrontdoorco.com/Doors/Rustic.aspx
July 26, 2013 at 8:04am   
Need suggestions for front door and Garage Door..
I think my front door and garage doors need an update...
Shutter, Front Door and Garage Door Color Suggestions
I need help deciding what colors to paint the shutters,...
Building a Garage & Need suggestions for shutter and front door color
We are building a garage. We are going with a metal...
Coffee/console table help!!
Trying to keep to a neutral palette (see attached inspiration...
Facade ideas please for an unbalanced 70s classic
Help! Our recently purchased 1970's home is in dire...
POLL: Pool or Hot Tub?
Some people have both. Some have just one or the other....
Need Help Designing our Main room in New Apartment in Zurich!
The Main room of our apartment needs help! Right now...
Master bath
Im having a hard time deciding what tile to use in...