Need help with furniture arrangement
sophiemillie
July 26, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I am not quite sure how to arrange the furniture in my living room. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Laura
Right now it looks like you have a hallway arrangement with the furniture against the walls. I'd move the pair of chairs in front of the bay window and put the console where the chairs are. Add a coffee table, and an end table between the sofa and chairs with a lamp. Lower the picture over the sofa to about 6" above the back, and think about maybe a larger piece there. It's a bit small, may e it would work better over the console.
July 26, 2013 at 11:33am   
Laura
Hmm. Looking again. Seems like that corner where the chairs are is pretty large. Put the console on the wall as you come in, and add another chair next to it with its back to the left wall. The little round table should go next to the pair of chairs by the window, it's too small to work between the chairs and sofa, that spot needs a square table. The lamp is too short for a table, put it on the obsolete as an accent lamp.
July 26, 2013 at 11:37am   
Laura
Oops. Forgot to address the bookcase. Move it to the right side of the sofa, flat against the wall. The tall lamp slightly in front of it will be fine. Or skip the accent lamp on the console, and put the torchiere in the corner between the console and the newly added chair. Maybe add a wall lamp or lighting on the right side of the sofa, or move the bookcase to another room and put an end table there with a lamp that matches the other end.
July 26, 2013 at 11:42am   
anne dee
another suggestion for furniture arrangement
you could place the 2 chairs on either side of the table presently at the front of the window.
move the sofa to the left
move the bookcase to where the chairs had been
move the standing lamp to the other side of the sofa
larger piece of art over the sofa
Addition of a coffee table would be nice
Another occasional chair might fit the space.
difficult to tell for the pics.
see pic for other ideas

July 26, 2013 at 12:18pm     
abbyjean
I can see this is a popular idea, but when I first looked at your room, I thought those two chairs HAVE to be in your window area and also wondering if the sheers could open to let in more light and maybe a view? Move the tall book shelf over to the chair area on the wall without the picture. Would the couch work to be totally moved and face the chairs and the window area? Then put the chest from the window area under the picture on that wall.
July 26, 2013 at 12:24pm