Need help giving our new home a makeover..
woodtribe
We just bought this 1982 Coquina Block ranch home in St. Augustine, FL. My understanding is that the coquina cannot be painted. We can afford landscaping and paint but not much else at this point. Any ideas or advise would be appreciated!
Sweet Caroline Garden Design
Sweet Caroline Garden Design
Dazzle them at the curb and they won't notice your house is beige. Actually it goes with the landscape. Plant a xeriscape - water is very precious in Florida and you will not only have a great landscape but a waterwise one as well - go with tropical and native plants. Google xericapes for florida . Below is a sketch of my ideas. Cover the beds with nice pebbles . Use lots of sedums, cacti and small palms and colorful flowers.
July 26, 2013 at 1:58PM   
mousemaker
I love it just the way it is! I agree about colorful flowers and palms. it will look great.
July 26, 2013 at 2:13PM     
Tammy Tate Kammerer
Paint colors
July 26, 2013 at 2:30PM   
Tammy Tate Kammerer
What about shade garden? And hostas. Solar lights. Trim up hedges. What about an updated light fixture that is larger.
July 26, 2013 at 2:32PM   
woodtribe
Thank you so much for the advice! I love the ideas. The house has been neglected for over 3 years so we are eager to put some life and color back into it.
July 26, 2013 at 4:04PM     
Rina
I hate myself for saying this, but I think that the tree right smack dab in front of the middle of the house should be removed. You can plant another off to the left in penance.
August 1, 2013 at 5:46AM   
apple_pie_order
The trees are very large. I suggest you hire an arborist for advice on pruning or removal to prevent loss during high winds. Well-maintained trees in the right location are wonderful.
August 1, 2013 at 7:54AM   
Color
Dear Houzzers !Please advise on the wallpaper for the...
Want cheap updates to kitchen to help sell the house
All of the buyer comments coming back about the house...
Need advice! My cats are shredding my beautiful Pottery Barn rug!
I spent months looking for the perfect area rug for...