Help! I have pickled beaded board ceilings need help on color for wall
blsfull
What color should I paint my walls to blend with pickled ceilings or do I need to paint my ceilings?
Harding Construction & Sustainable Solutions
I would choose a completely different color. If the color is close to or the same as the pickling then they may fight one another.
   Thanked by blsfull    July 27, 2013 at 6:38AM
certdesign
I can see you like red accents -- maybe the right red tone. Which direction does your kitchen face -- sunlight does make a difference and so does e direction from which it comes.
   Thanked by blsfull    July 27, 2013 at 7:44AM
hugob54
i would say a light blue gray and to sand your ceilings to get the beach cottage look
   Thanked by blsfull    July 27, 2013 at 7:47AM
hugob54
or paint them white like this
   Thanked by blsfull    July 27, 2013 at 7:49AM
blsfull
wow thank-you GREAT advice......ok here are some samples I am trying....from left to right sailcloth...., frosted toffee....., overcast....., seashell....., white dove....., toadstone.....Im thinking of toadstone in kitchen but then what color for cabinets???...
   July 27, 2013 at 7:57AM
blsfull
my house sits north to south so left side sun rises and right side sun sets, kitchen is in middle but I have big windows all around.....I am painting whole house and turning my place into a retreat center for yoga groups and woman's groups and any and all kinds of healing groups. I am a 7 minute walk to the beach....big bamboo trees in the back......pine trees all around.....very natural and nature kid of place.....like me :)
   July 27, 2013 at 8:04AM
motownmom
Personally, I love the color of the walls and cabinets, I wouldn't paint them. Are you considering this because you've lived there a long time and are sick of it, or in fact don't like it? I'd paint the ceiling a lighter color than both. Maybe a white wash or off-white. It also appears the ceiling runs over other rooms. I think I see a dining area in there in the one picture.
   Thanked by blsfull    July 27, 2013 at 8:09AM
hugob54
cabinets would be beautiful if they were a sort of pale green or grey then you liven it up with bright kitchen accents
   Thanked by blsfull    July 27, 2013 at 8:11AM
blsfull
I think my ceiling is white wash or pickled??? Yes, been like this for over 10yrs....I feel like it need brightening up.....I love the green cabinets......Im using Benjamin Moore non toxic paint.....what color is that green?
   July 27, 2013 at 8:21AM
blsfull
Yes, the ceilings are through out the house.....I did this when my ceilings started falling down in places all over the house.....
   July 27, 2013 at 8:23AM
yytcm
Not a color expert but studying and here are some thoughts. Looks as those that marvelous window over the sink looks out onto a covered patio hich means it's not going to get direct sunlight and that corner of the kitchen will always be somewhat dark so you smartly have the lamps. Your countertop is an orangey-red and so are the floor tiles (which you don't mention changing) and there's the little red lamp, all of which cast a pinky glow upward. Which means that whatever color you paint the ceiling might be altered in real life. The cabinets look a pale green in the pics but it may be that they're white with green undertones. I like the bones of the kitchen, especially the beaded ceiling, and I might consider doing the cabinets and ceiling in the same color, keep the orangey-red accents and add another accent color. But study your sample pics a bit - in that third pic, the ceiling really looks pink. I'd look for a trained color expert in your area for advice (if there is one) and, if not, I'd check out MariaKillam.com. She's a very well-known color expert out of Vancouver. You're not necessarily looking for a consult (she does these, even long-distance) but she gives tons of advice in her blogs on how to choose colors and sometimes she uses a reader's question as the basis of a blog if it's appropriate. You're definitely doing the right thing with the big samples but there are so many of them and so many things to consider, and it can be totally overwhelming which is why you're asking us. And we are all very willing but we all have different expertise and/or opinions and you can end up being even more overwhelmed. I do like the bones of your kitchen and I'd enjoy working with it. The cottagy look is a good one to work toward with both the beaded ceiling and the Saltillo-type floors. Good luck!
   Thanked by blsfull    July 27, 2013 at 8:25AM
hugob54
im not really sure but a color like thicket AF-405 from Benjamin Moore would go great
   Thanked by blsfull    July 27, 2013 at 8:28AM
certdesign
it sounds like the kitchen window faces south, is that right? South will give you e brightest light. Yellow is the only color that reflects light, so to brighten up your space, I would choose a little bit more golden yellow and paint the ceiling one shader lighter on the color cards, which will make your ceiling look taller. Also. Keep in mind that anything that you see on a computer screen will not be the exact color you see in real life, so be sure you pick the colors in real life, not from a digital source.
   Thanked by blsfull    July 27, 2013 at 8:49AM
certdesign
Another design trick is to find a wrapper, coffee mug, food packaging, etc. that you really like -- a designer has already done the color balancing for you. It doesn't have to be anything big and it doesn't matter what it is. Bring that item into your space and live with it in the space for a few days to see if the colors will work for you. If so, take that item with you to the paint atore, but some samples, and add them to the space to make sure you can handle it. I once painted a 3' - 5' piece of sheet rock with my color choices on it and lived with it for a week before deciding that I really did like it. I got the color choices off a cappoccino (sp?) mug I found at a department store and my main living space was designed around that.
   Thanked by blsfull    July 27, 2013 at 9:01AM
Cambridge Pavers vs Nicolock pavers
Which pavers have the better reviews.
My house looks like a mobile home
We need help making our house look more like a house...
Exterior paint colors? Remove or paint brick?
We will be selling soon and want to paint our house...
Master bedroom and bath needs an updating.
This is a master bed and bath in a 1948 home in bad...
1890 Colonial Color Update
Would love to update the exterior colors of our 1890...