Are lighter granite tops or darker granite counter tops are in vogue ?
devisri_29
Do the lighter granite tops go well with rogue color cabinets and cherry hardwood floors
Smaller sample is the cabinet color , and the larger sample in the first picture is hardwood floor and in the second picture it is granite (Santana ) . Please advice and any suggestions are welcomed !!!!!
Jenny Youngblood
OK don't know where you are located--> but here are some suggestions. Your cabinets should not match your floors. It is WAY too much (especially for the orange red of those woods) and mixed hardwoods gives a more designer look, especially if your are on either coast. Neither lighter or darker granites per say are "in vogue" but having had 6 kitchens with granite, I will say that A) darker granite is a nightmare to keep clean looking, especially the black ones and B) I feel dark granite is more dated looking. I would stay light or medium toned in your granite, creams, greys, greens or mixed. Make sure you do not pick your granite from a sample--> just go to a granite yard and pick your own. If a company is trying to get you to pick granite from a sample board they are limiting you to common granites, and you are selling your possibilities short, and b) you are likely overpaying for a granite. Buy granite either from the yard directly or from a granite/tile store, never a big box store.
July 27, 2013 at 11:34AM        Thanked by devisri_29
Stanton Designs-online design services
The cabinet and counter work nice together. Just something to consider, pair a darker floor with your cabinet and see if you like it. This will add a nice contrast and a lot of visual interest to your space.
July 27, 2013 at 12:03PM        Thanked by devisri_29
vjs12
Are your cabinets maple? I don't see a lot of wood grain to them. I would pick a floor with more wood grain such as hickory or Oak either lighter or darker than the cabinets. The heavier grain will compliment the no grain cabinets. Anderson Flooring, Urban Pioneer, Coppercart, would look beautiful with your cabinets and granite. It is a neutral brown color with hints of red. I wouldn't go with what's in "vogue" because it will go out of style. I like the lighter granite.
July 27, 2013 at 6:48PM        Thanked by devisri_29
Ann
Looks like a nice combo to me.
July 27, 2013 at 7:37PM        Thanked by devisri_29
I would not put that cabinet with that floor. I would put a cream cabinet with that floor and granite, or I would change the floor if you decide on that cabinet and granite.
July 27, 2013 at 7:49PM        Thanked by devisri_29
Need to warm this space up
I need a little help. This space needs some design....
I need help choosing our deck railing.
We have the footings poured, the framing complete and...
I NEED HELP FOR MY NEW BUILDING, A FOUR BEDROOM DUPLEX
I NEED TO KNOW HOW MANY BLOCKS CAN BUILD A FOUR BEDROOM...
Furniture to go with a light floor?
If I have a light floor, can I only have light coloured...
Adding curb appeal to our ranch style home
We purchased this 50's ranch style home and completely...