abench
October 19, 2011 in Photo Questions
I'm considering using this in my kitchen because it's more durable but I'm wondering HOW much more durable is it? Can I put hot things directly from the oven on it? Will water rings stay? Does it have some marble in it? Sorry for the overload of questions!!

THAnks!
Rebekah Zaveloff | KitchenLab
Quartzite is actually closer to granite in structure, but it's actually harder and denser. I don't recommend putting hot things on any surface, though you can. water rings, etc. shouldn't be an issue.
it's very durable.
October 23, 2011 at 9:23pm   
Rivka McLean
After 8 years of having a quartzite the counter top edges are all chipping. It is a composite product. I suggest marble which my friend has had the same amount of years. I suggest the marble be honed and sealed. Stick with the tried and true.
November 15, 2012 at 1:56pm   
judywildwood
You are confusing quartz & quartzite. Quartz is a composite of quartz & resin, but quartzite is a natural stone, with even more quartz than granite; therefore it is harder than granite.
July 26, 2013 at 3:27pm     
Damask and Stripes Wallpaper - Combining Living and Dining Room
Hello Experts! Desperately seeking some advice. While...
master bedroom desing
I have a really disturbing problem with my master bedroom...
Cat-Proof Toilet Paper Holder?
You can see the problem. The cat loves to totally destroy...
Exterior paint color and curb appeal?
Wow, we are new to this site and are feeling a bit...