abench
October 19, 2011 in Photo Questions
I'm considering using this in my kitchen because it's more durable but I'm wondering HOW much more durable is it? Can I put hot things directly from the oven on it? Will water rings stay? Does it have some marble in it? Sorry for the overload of questions!!

THAnks!
Rebekah Zaveloff | KitchenLab
Quartzite is actually closer to granite in structure, but it's actually harder and denser. I don't recommend putting hot things on any surface, though you can. water rings, etc. shouldn't be an issue.
it's very durable.
October 23, 2011 at 9:23pm   
Rivka McLean
After 8 years of having a quartzite the counter top edges are all chipping. It is a composite product. I suggest marble which my friend has had the same amount of years. I suggest the marble be honed and sealed. Stick with the tried and true.
November 15, 2012 at 1:56pm   
judywildwood
You are confusing quartz & quartzite. Quartz is a composite of quartz & resin, but quartzite is a natural stone, with even more quartz than granite; therefore it is harder than granite.
July 26, 2013 at 3:27pm     
Need a good canopy tree that's non-invasive on a slope
Hi there, We're in the middle of a huge backyard renovation...
What can I do with this wall???
Ceiling is very high...that was the largest clock,...
Medicine cabinet or just a mirror?
Just rebuilt my house after Hurricane Sandy, and in...
Need help updating this bathtub inexpensively
We are working on several projects in our fixer upper,...