We have one shower (in the basement) for the 5 of us.

rcharltonJuly 28, 2013
We would love to turn our an upstairs walk in closet into another shower.
Scott Design, Inc.
Please clarify...Do you have a single bath upstairs without a shower but a tub that services 5 people? Is the walk-in closet a part of the master bedroom but could be accessible from a common hall for the family? Please provide an existing floor plan with the location of the closet relative to other spaces plus its dimensions including height. Once we have that information, we can make feasible suggestions.
    Bookmark   July 28, 2013 at 11:39AM
Pyramid Design Group Architects
The work you described would best be designed by a professional--look on Houzz find a local pro
Pyramid DG.com
    Bookmark   July 28, 2013 at 11:46AM
rcharlton
The upstairs bathroom has an old claw foot tub that we love (but rarely use). the bathroom is a somewhat narrow (6.5ft x 12ft) with a fairily large closet at the end of the left wall (4.5ft x 5.3ft) that follows the roof line (8.3 ft at tall end by its door, narrowing back to about 6 ft at the back of closet). the closet is in the bathroom, no other entrees. The house is 100 years old, 11/2 stories. We need to squeeze every inch into usable space for three teenagers!
    Bookmark   July 28, 2013 at 6:32PM
Scott Design, Inc.
Suggest you call in a plumber to look at the existing plumbing lines to determine how this new shower can be plumbed most efficiently. This will guide you in the placement and size of the shower.

Based on your description, I can’t be sure whether the closet space is part of the 12’ or in addition to it. I have included two existing floor plans guessing at the window and door placement as well as fixture placement. I know it's not easy for people to include a floor plan so maybe you can fill in the blanks (A-E) on the one plan closest to your bath layout now and make comments as to the locations of things, etc. When giving me location of existing plumbing fixtures, please give me the centerline of the fixture, e.g. the sink is located off the closet wall to the center of the drain ___ inches. The toilet is located off the closet wall to the center of the bowl ___" and the tub is .... You can also print these plans out, make the corrections, photograph it and send it back as long as you use dark ink.

Once we have this information, we can help you with tweaking the layout and recommending tile, shower valve, etc. It will be helpful to have photos of your bath so we can coordinate the existing with the new. Also, do you have a target cost for this project?
    Bookmark   July 29, 2013 at 10:10AM
We are remodeling our main bathroom it is small 5'X9'5" shower or tub?
Should we do a shower tub combo or just walk in shower?...
tzipsie10
Hand held shower fixed vs. one installed on a shower bar
We're remodeling our master bathroom and I'm trying...
safarisarah
Steam Shower Enclosure / Unit in new basement bathroom
We are making the plans to finish our basement. We...
lauriaj
Basement bathroom layout help
We are finishing the basement and I need to decide...
printesa
What colors should we use in basement renos?
we are finishing our basement and have to decide on...
designsuggestionsneeded
Fix yard after digging.
Last fall a trench was dug from the house to the garage...
grisler
Stairs Look Great But They Are Killers
We just had these lovely stairs put in during the reno...
roman56
Needing advice for retaining wall replacement work
A rather long background to be given, but I need advice. My neighbors'...
Ginger Morgan
Need help with decorating open floor plan house.
I own a California Split featuring an open floor plan...
Theresa Kralik
My landscaping
Help: my yard is disaster ,
vinh5036