Small brick accent or long stick accent for bathroom
aureliesmb
I am remodeling my bathroom and I have to choose the accent tile. The accent tile will start (mid-wall) in the shower and go around the room to end opposite to the shower wall and as the back splash. The line will be about 5 to 7 inches tall. It will also be in the 2 nooks in the shower.

My first choice is a small brick accent tile with about 5 color/texture details. My second choice is a long stick accent tile with 3 color/texture details.

I like my 1st choice because of the details, but I am afraid that it is going to make the line too busy. I like my 2nd choice because if the size of the pieces but I am afraid that it might be a bit boring after all.

By the way, the floor is a light grey ceramic tile with a wood detail. The walls are an ivory ceramic tile. The ivory tile will cover the entire wall in the shower but half way through the wall around the rest of the room.

So, what's my best choice, and why ? Don't hesitate to ask me more details if needed. I have attached pictures of each tile.

Thank you in advance !
0825sam
I vote for the small brick because I think the shape of the tile is more classic whereas I think those linear mosaics may become dated

0 Likes   Thanked by aureliesmb    July 28, 2013 at 1:44PM
Anne
I like the long tile to use for the accent strip, it will be less busy and the horizontal lines will mirror the horizontal style of the strip. The two tiles look identical except for the width of the individual tiles. If this is the case, you could use the smaller tile in the shower nooks. I think that tile would better suit a vertical use.
0 Likes   Thanked by aureliesmb    July 28, 2013 at 1:48PM
Bannister railing: stain or paint?
We've installed a new wooden bannister in our home....
csjmarks
Help my kitchen
Should I paint the cabinet or keep them
4tocome
I need help with this room in the front of my house just to the right
Currently it is a sitting room. (Not used often). And...
brendamarch
Sauce Eggplant Chandelier Challenge.
I have made a deal with the devil. Well, not the devil...
toatsmcgoats
Too many Cabinet Brands/Manufacturers
Help too many choices on Cabinets Manufacturers, how...
jjjoy58