TV cable wall placement makes dining room the living room space
Kimberly Tyner JonesJuly 28, 2013
We just replaced our carpet with hardwood, but now the TV cable can no longer be hidden by the carpet. We have a vaulted ceiling for the kitchen and living space and the dining area has the ceiling from the 2nd floor. But the TV cable is in the wall in the dining area and cannot run through the vaulted ceiling to the other wall or under the hardwood. I'm resigned to making our dining area a new cozy living space, but that makes my new dining space huge. help!
abbyjean
I just keep thinking how nice it would be to have that dining space right by your kitchen and it would make it soooo much easier to use. Can the buffet and the tv unit switch places? Then your couch could turn toward the tv and kind of act like a wall between the two spaces. The chair could go between the door and the window. The blue matted pics could be stacked on the wall beside the window and look soooo perfect with the couch and chair that match. Maybe undo the curtains and if you do not have more panels, pull the panel to the far side instead. Would your cable be in exactly the right place if you switched the two areas?
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by Kimberly Tyner Jones    July 28, 2013 at 1:43PM
sandkshouse
I can just about guarantee you that there is a way to get the cable where it needs to be. Do you have a basement? If so, assuming the basement doesn't have a drywall ceiling, it will be a piece of cake. If not, you might have to run the cable around the outside of the house and install a new hookup. You might have to get creative, but I have to think there's a way. If you subscribe to cable or satellite, call your provider.
    Bookmark   Thanked by Kimberly Tyner Jones    July 28, 2013 at 1:46PM
Where should the television be?
Hello all! A few days ago I posted a photo of my awkward...
bonnieanneryan
Need living room/dining room help
I'm stuck on the flow of furniture. Is this the best...
tquinn1
sharon4u1
Help with furniture and tv placement in long and narrow living room
I am having a hard time with figuring out the placement...
spr1ng
Living room help - which wall for the TV?
I have just rented an apartment and it's got large...
kleberfertrin
Bathtub and Shower: to combine or to not?
Do/would you combine your shower and bathtub or have...
dbsgdec
What do you think about Sheet Vinyl?
Here at Allan Rug we carry many types of flooring and...
Allan Rug Company
Long, narrow living room
Looking for advice on my narrow front room. I'm thinking...
wapusk99
kcpotter@shaw.ca
I am looking for 'curb appeal' for the front of our...
kellypotter
Need help with tile question
Our designer wants to use a 45 degree grout application...
janny3