TV cable wall placement makes dining room the living room space
Kimberly Tyner JonesJuly 28, 2013
We just replaced our carpet with hardwood, but now the TV cable can no longer be hidden by the carpet. We have a vaulted ceiling for the kitchen and living space and the dining area has the ceiling from the 2nd floor. But the TV cable is in the wall in the dining area and cannot run through the vaulted ceiling to the other wall or under the hardwood. I'm resigned to making our dining area a new cozy living space, but that makes my new dining space huge. help!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
abbyjean
I just keep thinking how nice it would be to have that dining space right by your kitchen and it would make it soooo much easier to use. Can the buffet and the tv unit switch places? Then your couch could turn toward the tv and kind of act like a wall between the two spaces. The chair could go between the door and the window. The blue matted pics could be stacked on the wall beside the window and look soooo perfect with the couch and chair that match. Maybe undo the curtains and if you do not have more panels, pull the panel to the far side instead. Would your cable be in exactly the right place if you switched the two areas?
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by Kimberly Tyner Jones    July 28, 2013 at 1:43PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sandkshouse
I can just about guarantee you that there is a way to get the cable where it needs to be. Do you have a basement? If so, assuming the basement doesn't have a drywall ceiling, it will be a piece of cake. If not, you might have to run the cable around the outside of the house and install a new hookup. You might have to get creative, but I have to think there's a way. If you subscribe to cable or satellite, call your provider.
    Bookmark   Thanked by Kimberly Tyner Jones    July 28, 2013 at 1:46PM