Beautifully Spaced Kitchen Needed
katydidit
July 28, 2013 in Design Dilemma
30' x 30' room needs to hold dining, kitchen and living area. Note fireplace on east wall. Windows on south wall. No windows on north wall (bad view). Can anyone please give me ideas on where to space/place the kitchen area. And arrange the furniture. Thanks!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Rouché Fouché
If you have a great view at the south, place the sink right in front of the windows;its always good to have a nice view while doing dishes or working at the sink. Place the dining table close to the fireplace, at a 90 degree angle to the fireplace. Just south of that, place couches surrounding a small coffee table. Tv mounted on the eastern wall. On the western wall place your cupboards and your stove, extractor and hob etc. also maybe add a small round sink somewhere for rinsing veggies and such. Place your fridge in the south western corner. Optionally add a chandelier above the dining table. :)
August 1, 2013 at 12:25AM   
katydidit
What do you suggest for that blank north wall (horrible view of ugly house out back). The cathedral ceiling will be 16' in the center of it? Thank you much.
August 5, 2013 at 5:57PM   
Rouché Fouché
Thats a tough one and I'm having a hard time imagining this one without seeing it. However what I would do is cover up the window in the north east corner and build a full length wine rack or even better, a full length bookshelf, dvd/cd rack in front of it. :)
August 5, 2013 at 11:50PM     
PRO
WineRacks.com
We second the idea for wine racks. We have quite a few prebuilt comvos on our website but we do offer free custom design as well: https://www.wineracks.com/custom-wine-cellars/cellar-design-form.htm?utm_source=Houzz&utm_medium=Post&utm_campaign=Design
August 6, 2013 at 8:13AM   
More Discussions
Kitchen Cabinet Paint
We are having our kitchen cabinets painted white and...
Front door - help!
We bought our house two years ago, and haven't changed...
Declutter Challenge - September 2014
Hi All, the August Challenge was so much fun, we're...
Kitchen ideals
What could I do to update this kitchen?
Kitchen question
How do we calculate the optimum countertop surface...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2014 Houzz Inc.
Houzz® The new way to design your home™