Help me design this drab living room!!
Christina Parsons
The furniture and entertainment are what I have. The door is to the right. Should I rearrange the furniture? Iput it this way originally to set up cable, which is to the right of the love seat. What can I add to make guests say, "wow!" When they walk into our living room?
abbyjean
Nothing on top of the cabinet, especially the globe....it just does not fit in your room.
   Thanked by Christina Parsons    July 28, 2013 at 10:20PM
karemore55
Some inspiration to get you started:
   Thanked by Christina Parsons    July 28, 2013 at 10:25PM
abbyjean
I think the arrangement right now is the best. You need some art on the walls and maybe a rug and coffee table. What about a lamp and end table?
   July 28, 2013 at 10:25PM
karemore55
And more:
   July 28, 2013 at 10:26PM
abbyjean
There......great pillow ideas!!! I forgot about drapes, too. You have the bones done in the room......have fun with the accents now.
1 Like   July 28, 2013 at 10:28PM
karemore55
And more: third pic is a glass top coffee table from Crate & Barrel. Nice clean lines to offset your media centre.
1 Like   July 28, 2013 at 10:30PM
karemore55
Try pushing your love seat just a little closer to your sofa. To the right of the love seat, this floor la,p from Pier 1 will balance the window. You may find that you have some awkward wall space above your love seat, but on the other hand the curtain panels and floor lamp may be all you need. A nice square end table in corner between sofa and love seat could hold this cute table lamp, also from Pier 1, but make sure the table will be high enough to accommodate the rather short lamp. Otherwise, find a lamp that is more like 27" or 28" high, to make sure that corner can hold its own. Not sure if you have artwork over the sofa, but a mirror would work there too.
2 Likes   July 28, 2013 at 10:43PM
karemore55
Sorry forgot to attach photos (its getting late lol)!
1 Like   July 28, 2013 at 10:44PM
karemore55
One more thing - if you go with curtains, try to hang them about 6" above top of window.
1 Like   July 28, 2013 at 10:47PM
karemore55
If you like the rugs, they're from Shaw Carpet. The pillows are from Pier 1. Curtains are from overstock.com.
1 Like   July 28, 2013 at 10:49PM
LB Interiors
I agree with karemore55, move the loveseat closer to the sofa to create a tighter unit. End tables, coffee table and may add one or two storage ottomans opposite the loveseat and next to the sofa. Provides storage and extra seating for friends. You could also use one or two barrel chairs instead of the ottomans. Add some fun colors in accessories and pillow. Bring some color to the window as well as colorful art. A rug to create coziness and wow.
1 Like   July 29, 2013 at 1:18AM
BannerBuzz
It depends on which color theme you would like to have for your room.... Select theme for your room, then make all furniture and clothes and wall stickers as per your theme..

Use wall stickers instead of colors.. it will be more attractive and also affordable by cost.. :)

Let me know if you want any more suggestions
   Thanked by Christina Parsons    July 29, 2013 at 1:32AM
Rina
Gosh, that unit is very imposing and a bit overwhelming. I suggest putting some silver, or shiny, or sparkly objects behind the glass doors to catch the light coming in from the window. I've done that in a smaller cabinet and though it doesn't work equally well at all hours of the day, it does lighten up the dark interior shelves. As for the globe, yes, take it down but I think it could stay in the room. I would keep at a level where people can play with it, perhaps on a little side table in the corner between the sofas. The joy of globes lies in being able to spin them round and round and round ....
   Thanked by Christina Parsons    July 29, 2013 at 1:52AM
Stephanie Long
Definitely some art! It is the perfect way to add color and really make this room interesting. Try the iPad app ARTtwo50 (www.arttwo50.com). You can find all original works and virtually see them hanging on your own wall. You can browse and see which works you like best, and then compare them or get feedback from friends. I've found awesome art and it's all 250$ for originals, which is awesome.
1 Like   July 29, 2013 at 2:15PM
mcbriec
The entertainment center is really large and takes up the whole wall. Is it possible to switch the positions of the entertainment center and the couch? (I can't tell if couch wall is larger than entertainment wasll.) Then you could fill in the the corner of the window wall with the loveseat and place it close to the couch so they would make a more intimate grouping. Having them closer together would also provide some more balance by having them be a weighted counterpart to the entertainment center.

Agree with everybody else that colorful art, pillows, drapes, and a rug would liven up the space.
   Thanked by Christina Parsons    July 29, 2013 at 2:33PM
karemore55
I think switching the sofa and entertainment unit to opposite walls might make the room look off balance because of the window. All the taller things would be stacked on one side.
1 Like   July 29, 2013 at 2:41PM
"Un air de Paris" PHOTO FOR WALL
I think about your wall art , i suggest you 2 photos in sepia color for staying with the color of your living room or 2 photos of Dandelion, it's for example ...
2 Likes   July 29, 2013 at 4:08PM
HELP! Need help turning my living room from drab to fab!
I just moved to a new one bedroom loft apartment and...
Drab living room. Just moved in. What do I do? Help!
My family moved in last month and we don't like the...
Help.....my living room is drab and bland!!
I am looking for suggestions on an area rug and accesories...
drab living room - HELP PLEASE!
I would like to change the paint color, get a small...
Help me turn my room from drab to fab!
Anything you want, helping is helping
Where to place ficus plant?
I can't decide where to have the ficus plant at. and...
Quick fix paint colors for selling house
What neutral paint colors (if any) would look good...
need exterior color ideas
need siding and shingles on our new house..we have...
Help picking shade of gray to incorporate retro green sofa.
I need help picking the right shade of gray to go with...
Best type of Wood Flooring in Arizona?
Given the dry conditions of Arizona, what is the best...