OLLD 7/29
nasmijati
July 29, 2013 in Other
Be sure to take fifteen minutes to relax some time during the day today.
How is everyone doing on their projects?
Linda
I'm taking 15 minutes to "relax" right now....my car battery was flat this morning and I'm waiting for it to get enough charge to start. A lovely start to a Monday morning

Plus, i can't call my partner to tell him because he forgot to pay his month-to-month cell phone bill. You would think that after the company sends him a couple messages each month and it happens the 29th of every month, he would figure this one out. Nope, every damn month I have to hear him bitch about not knowing this was the day his phone was going to get turned off...he's only had this company something like 2 years now.
July 29, 2013 at 6:34AM     
Linda
Plus, it is so cold here that my furnace kicked on this morning.
July 29, 2013 at 6:35AM     
Jayme H.
Good morning EZ and Linda...LOVE the pic Eztia!!
July 29, 2013 at 6:45AM     
Jayme H.
@Linda...You were so right on your advise to stay with what you r good at, etc...I am really seeing how easy it could get to pick up the smaller stuff (and maybe things not in our focus), vs. seeking out larger projects!! Thanks again.
July 29, 2013 at 6:53AM     
armygirl1987
Morning Jayme and Auntie Ez and Linda
July 29, 2013 at 7:05AM     
armygirl1987
Beautiful view.
July 29, 2013 at 7:07AM     
nasmijati
Hi all. This is one of my favorite patios from Houzz. I like starting the thread for the day so I can choose the photo. (I am like a little kid that way, I suppose!)
July 29, 2013 at 7:42AM     
olldroo
Morning all. That outdoor area is gorgeous. I could look forward to summer looking at it but then I think of the flies and it wouldn't be so relaxing at all.

How weird is this weather, we have 69.8 today in the middle of winter and I didn't even need the heaters on tonight. Bit of a worry though how hot our summer might be. Nothing exciting to tell, so I think I will get some beauty sleep. Night.
July 29, 2013 at 7:43AM     
armygirl1987
Hi Roo, night Roo.
July 29, 2013 at 7:52AM     
armygirl1987
Eztia- I love your pic. It is beautiful.
July 29, 2013 at 8:01AM     
kimdee24
Good morning all. Just about to start a conference call. I'll be back in a bit to get caught up.
July 29, 2013 at 8:11AM     
armygirl1987
Good day Kimdee.
July 29, 2013 at 8:16AM     
Jayme H.
Sleep well Roo!
Hi Angela & kimdee!!
July 29, 2013 at 8:31AM     
armygirl1987
Hi Jayme, how are you did you see the new bed and dresser.
July 29, 2013 at 8:46AM     
mefor
Afternoon for me now, so I'll just say Hi everyone!! :)
Love the patio eztia, very relaxing.
I had tree men come and plant a fifteen foot Crape Myrtle today and electrician to run new line through the garden (neatly) to the old front lantern post. Also carpenters to work in some loose ends and the new square posts for new lanterns front and back. My sis and her friend just left, so it's just us and my mother here now. Quiet no visitor days for the rest of week and weekend. But there's a lot of noise here now, carpenters and vacuum cleaner and laundry. Think we were running a hotel and this is the busy time between check out and check in!! Finally the tile guy will come to put in my flat cut pebble outdoor shower floor, can't wait, love to use outdoor shower. Also have a line of lavender plants to put in along the walkway, mmmmmm love that smell. This place is really becoming a beautiful garden retreat, we didn't plan to go this far, but I'm glad we did. After all the time not doing too much because of deer at main house, we are stretching out our horticultural muscles.
Feels good :)
July 29, 2013 at 10:05AM     
armygirl1987
Michele-the finish product will be great.
July 29, 2013 at 11:11AM     
Robin W
Angela! It just dawned on me what's missing with your bed and why it didn't look right to me. Contrast... Your bedding is all light coloured so there's nothing to make any of it stand out.
July 29, 2013 at 11:16AM     
mefor
Angela, if you want those orange pillows and throw in the room, I know you liked them, don't take them out to make someone else happy. I told you serenity is a feeling that your room will give you, not just a pale room color will achieve it. The coral was and is a beautiful touch, at the very least keep the orange pillows and use in living room so you can bring them back into bedroom when you realize you miss that pop of color. I don't want to get too into it on the thread, too much interference from all sides. Stay true to your island girl roots, not all washed out. That room will end up white and beige if some people have their way. You know I love ya, soul sista!!! From the heart :)
July 29, 2013 at 11:30AM     
Robin W
Sorry. Didn't have time to go hunting for the other thread.
July 29, 2013 at 11:42AM     
armygirl1987
No I am waiting on the inserts for bird pillow and euro pillows.
July 29, 2013 at 11:55AM     
mefor
Hello handy pandy pudding and pie!!
July 29, 2013 at 12:10PM     
armygirl1987
Actually Michelle-I didnt take them off because of that, they were too dark and honestly did not want to have to pay another $50 just for inserts because they did not fit the current inserts that I have. if that makes any sense. I had to buy inserts for euro and bird pillow so I think that I can get something else that fits size of inserts that I like. It would have cost almost another $100 just for inserts and I could not justify that. You know at the end of the day there will be orange in that room. Trust me on that.
July 29, 2013 at 12:11PM     
armygirl1987
Michele-I am on the look out for pillows, check the thread. do you remember what site you got those colorful trays from, need some for jewely and makeup.
July 29, 2013 at 12:12PM     
S. Thomas Kutch
Afternoon ladies......well, the door is installed, finished trimming it out this morning. Still to do -- seal joints, finishing prepping the siding and trim board, paint, change out hardware and brick the steps (solid bricks that will match the door sill........have to make a trip to HD this afternoon and select colors. Thinking a cream color for the trim, saddle tan for the siding and a dark green with a hint of blue in it for the brick. Think a sea blue green for the door. Not sure what the color numbers are, I'm a visual kind of guy and have to have the 3x4 color chips in front of me...............another day's work for sure not counting laying the brick. Had 2 long days this weekend and paying for it today.....so other than the trim work this morning.... taking it easy.

Kimdee, how did the golf event turn out this weekend?

Angela, bedroom looks great..... hey, have you ever thought about Pewter colored walls.....I've heard they're in style now.......(cough, cough)...........Just sayin.
July 29, 2013 at 12:15PM     
armygirl1987
STK-no pewter here, do not let me drive up to TN and put a boot up. Just sayin....take care of yourself and do not overdo it.
July 29, 2013 at 12:17PM     
S. Thomas Kutch
Forgot the pictures....oh... still have to rehang the phone line too..... which will be moved to the other end of the house later.
July 29, 2013 at 12:17PM     
kimdee24
Looks great, STK! Good work! The tournament was a lot of fun despite the rain/cold/wind on Day 2. Everyone had a great time. Sadly we lost our hawk to the other club but we'll get her back next year. In the meantime, they'll have to stare at our bird for the next year in their trophy case.
July 29, 2013 at 12:51PM     
mefor
Good job, STK. How about a surf green or raging seas? Both from sherwin williams 6473 and 6474
July 29, 2013 at 1:06PM     
mefor
Angela, trays were from west elm too. They have square, rectangle and even some in natural or woven colors :)
July 29, 2013 at 1:08PM     
mefor
Angela, sometimes I get some "uglyass" pillows from homegoods or Marshall's, because they are cheap and the inserts are down. Synthetic pillows do lose their shape and can never be re shaped, down pillows need one good punch from top to bottom an side to side and they are beautiful again.
July 29, 2013 at 1:12PM     
mpoulsom
I'm there ez!
July 29, 2013 at 2:24PM        Thanked by nasmijati
mefor
I'll bring some raspberry lemonade, EZ :)
July 29, 2013 at 2:28PM      Thanked by nasmijati
kimdee24
I am on my way to Ez's lovely patio and am looking forward to some eclair and lemonade with my friends! xo
July 29, 2013 at 2:42PM        Thanked by nasmijati
Robin W
I'm really liking this visualization relaxation thing. Just got an email that stressed me out... but I come here, and there's lemonade and eclairs and a beautiful space and great people... Email? What email?
July 29, 2013 at 3:02PM        Thanked by nasmijati
mpoulsom
i'm sure that i can beat your stressful email......got a great one today myself! {:O
July 29, 2013 at 3:07PM        Thanked by nasmijati
Robin W
Mp - I don't doubt for one second that yours trumps mine. But mine I was able to say no to. It was a stupid unrealistic deadline about a committee I sit on.
July 29, 2013 at 3:24PM        Thanked by nasmijati
mpoulsom
yep...you have no idea....oh my goodness. i can't even describe the insanity to you!
July 29, 2013 at 3:31PM        Thanked by nasmijati
Robin W
Deep breaths. I can only imagine :)
July 29, 2013 at 3:39PM        Thanked by nasmijati
mefor
Let me pour you some lemonade, MP, another eclair robin? The neck massages and pedicures will be starting soon, can't wait for mine. :)
mefor
Here you go MP, this can be your view, it was mine yesterday and I'll share
July 29, 2013 at 4:07PM        Thanked by nasmijati
kimdee24
A neck massage and pedi would be heavenly!
July 29, 2013 at 4:18PM        Thanked by nasmijati
mefor
Yes, it surely would, kimdee :)
July 29, 2013 at 5:00PM      Thanked by nasmijati
olldcan
mforr, where did you take those pictures at, it's gorgeous!!!!!
July 29, 2013 at 5:32PM        Thanked by nasmijati
olldcan
mp, have you decided what your going to paint on that black canvas, please don't say Elvis.

Hi everyone :)
July 29, 2013 at 5:34PM        Thanked by nasmijati
mefor
Oh no, not Elvis, a Bengal tiger or Jesus, right MP? ;)
July 29, 2013 at 5:43PM   
mefor
That's my beach Candace, or at least the town beach 3 blocks away, not too shabby, eh
July 29, 2013 at 5:44PM        Thanked by nasmijati
mefor
I was on Angela's thread, my darn spellcheck changed something I typed to "oink", I'm laughing so hard, I can't even remember what the heck word was supposed to be there. Oh my funny bone is so tickled :D
July 29, 2013 at 5:47PM     
Robin W
I love autocorrect. It used to change my daughters name to 'dense' all the time. (Denae)
July 29, 2013 at 5:54PM     
olldcan
mforr, shabby yes definitely!!!!!!, it would be tough to have to put up with that daily. Oh the things we have to tolerate LOL. it's beautiful....
I don't always look at what my spell check is doing, and when I don't, it makes me look like a complete idiot.
July 29, 2013 at 5:55PM     
olldcan
Oh gee Robin, that might not sit well with her LOL
July 29, 2013 at 5:59PM     
mefor
Better than teat
July 29, 2013 at 6:04PM   
Robin W
How was clearing today Candace? Did the rain mostly hold off? It rained here in spurts for about 2 hours this afternoon, but otherwise mostly dry.
July 29, 2013 at 6:31PM     
mefor
Did you find the source of the "nasty" stink Robin?
July 29, 2013 at 6:32PM   
mefor
Well, I think I'd better turn in, last night didn't work out at all, but the carpenters and tree guys still came bright and early. And they'll be back tomorrow morning. Night all!! Sorry I missed you Candace, hope you cleared the back forty :)
Night EZ, MP, Robin and Kimdee
Night jayme
Morning roo
July 29, 2013 at 6:43PM     
mefor
Night to you too Angela, even though I g'nighted you on bedroom thread :)
July 29, 2013 at 6:44PM     
armygirl1987
Night mforr.
July 29, 2013 at 6:45PM     
armygirl1987
@Michele-Girl, you crazy.
July 29, 2013 at 6:45PM     
Robin W
I pulled up some floor tile that had been soaked so I think it was the tile. I just can't believe it made it through the floor. Or maybe it was so bad I was dreaming about it. Lol

Good night Michele. Sweet dreams. :)
July 29, 2013 at 6:51PM     
olldcan
Robin, it showered on us off and on. We weren't planning on leaving at 4:30 but it started to pour like crazy. I tried to walk up the clay hill to retrieve my spade and just slipped and slide until I eventually fell into the muck.

Well Ladies, last night I had less than 4 hours sleep so I have to hit the hay, night all.
July 29, 2013 at 7:29PM      Thanked by nasmijati
olldroo
Night all, glad y'all had a fun day.

Thanks for the visual Ez, I'm trying hard - you just have to know our flies to understand what an effort it is, and when the sun starts to set the flies go to bed and are replaced by sandflies and mozzies. Maybe I will bring some citronella candles, they come in buckets no fancy candelabra needed.

Spell check can be hilarious. We have a large store here called Harvey Norman but as a joke it is often referred to as Hardly Normal. Spell check agrees and changes it every time.
July 29, 2013 at 7:56PM        Thanked by nasmijati
armygirl1987
Hi Roo-night owl is here doing papers for school.
July 29, 2013 at 8:03PM   
olldroo
Hi Angela, glad you are still around. I hate this time difference at the moment, summer time here is so much better, it is amazing the difference 2 hours makes.

I seemed to have missed something, fill me in on your pillows. Are you not having those 4 lovely ones you bought? They so made your room. Your chest of drawers is nice too, very tropical looking.
July 29, 2013 at 8:12PM   
kimdee24
Hello Ms Roo! How is your day so far?
July 29, 2013 at 8:31PM     
armygirl1987
I can just imagine what it must be like coming in at the tail end of things.
July 29, 2013 at 8:33PM        Thanked by nasmijati
armygirl1987
Roo-Yes, I love the chest and the bed. So happy with that. I am keeping the two euros and bird pillow for sure but I had to buy inserts for those also so that is why they are not on the bed. It gets pretty expensive buying new pillows and inserts.. I have removed the throw and ginger pillow from bed. Feel that it takes away some of the tranquility that I am going for. Also the ginger pillows are a different shape from the current inserts that I have. the pillows were $34 a pop, not sure if I wanted to pay some more money for different inserts. I had the throw in the living room so it did not cost me anything to use it in the bedroom. That cause a bit of issue with some of my helpers. Too funny. I have thirty day so will make the final decision once the nightstands, curtains and drapes is up. First pic is what it was, second pic is what it is now. Those are the curtains and nightstands that I ordered.
July 29, 2013 at 8:44PM     
armygirl1987
Roo-I need to paint this dresser, update the curtain blinds.
July 29, 2013 at 8:51PM   
olldroo
Hi kd - same old, same old, here thanks, housework, Houzz chat. Weather is all over the place, sun comes out and it is warm then the clouds come over and the cold starts seeping into the bones. Don't know what we did before the layered look but I just seem to put clothes on and take them off all day.

Angela I love those cushions so much it would be such a shame if you can't use them. Can you cut the inserts to fit? Once they are in as long as they sit properly no one will know. I think someone else said about checking for cheap cushions and using them or just the inserts instead of paying big bucks for something just because it isn't "standard" size. The terminology confuses me at times - we call the decorative pillows, cushions - pillows are the ones you sleep on - OK?? We can get cheap polyester pillows here for about $7 each so assume you would be able to as well and they can be cut down to use as an insert - much cheaper.

Love the smocking on the curtains, they are amazing. I once had a nightgown done like that and just loved it.
July 29, 2013 at 8:57PM   
armygirl1987
Good night Roo
July 29, 2013 at 8:58PM   
olldroo
Where is the dressser Angela?
July 29, 2013 at 8:58PM   
armygirl1987
Roo-I love those curtains too but the ones with the smock are so cute. I think that I can return the ones showing. What is your take on the bed, orange or no orange.
July 29, 2013 at 9:00PM   
armygirl1987
Which dresser Roo
July 29, 2013 at 9:00PM   
armygirl1987
I put it on the closet wall, it was so cramp below tv and since the tv will be moving it made sense to move it there.
July 29, 2013 at 9:02PM   
kimdee24
Cushions/pillows -- same terminology in Canada as well.
July 29, 2013 at 9:03PM        Thanked by nasmijati
armygirl1987
I am not sure why they keep changing the size of pillows ridiculous. I just bought inserts for the pillows in living room.
July 29, 2013 at 9:05PM   
armygirl1987
Well, I am really going to bed this time Roo. Have a good day.
July 29, 2013 at 9:14PM     
olldroo
I've notice kd that we do have a lot of similar terminology but sometimes things do change with your close proximity to the US. We have tended to stay very Brit, but in a lot of cases the Brits have made changes and we have been too stuck in our ways to keep up. Crazy world.

Angela, I meant the dresser you are painting.
July 29, 2013 at 9:16PM        Thanked by nasmijati
kimdee24
Yeah, we are so bombarded with all things American that things get mixed up sometimes. But I always try to stay true to the way I was taught... and use all my vowels like a good girl!
July 29, 2013 at 9:18PM     
olldroo
Funny when LA dd came this time after a 2 1/2 year absence she announced that our Aussie accent was just the worst, it was a disgrace and we were a joke. We do have a habit of shortening words which she really notices now and how many more words Americans use in a sentence. She was giving examples that I can't remember now but the sentences were quite long that prompted me to say that you write the book, we send a telegram. I definitely have to use all my vowels when she is around and be especially careful on Sat-ur-days.

I love the current trend for dealing with kids who cry or throw tantrums is to tell them to "use their words". It sounds really cute and actually works - wish someone had have come up with that when my joeys were little.
July 29, 2013 at 9:27PM     
Jayme H.
@mforr..in re: autocorrect....I found parts for a portable firepit on a rummage sale site, and texted Chuck ..and he got something about a "Fight Pig"... vs "fire pit"~~~LMAO
July 29, 2013 at 9:29PM        Thanked by nasmijati
armygirl1987
I posted it up top Roo but here it is again.
July 29, 2013 at 9:30PM   
olldroo
Good one, Jayme, hope he didn't think you were challenging him.
July 29, 2013 at 9:30PM     
olldroo
Angela, thought you were going to bed!! Why do you need to paint it? You have timber in your blinds, timber frame on your mirror and the timber in the other chest.
July 29, 2013 at 9:32PM     
Jayme H.
Angela....I LOVE the bird pillow and the bedspread/duvet....so classy!
July 29, 2013 at 9:39PM     
Jayme H.
@Roo...it was dang funny...he didn't tell me at first...until I said..."did u see how my phone turned fire pit into fire pig?"...and he said..."I got fight pig"....It was flipping hilarious.
July 29, 2013 at 9:40PM        Thanked by nasmijati
Jayme H.
This made me laugh
July 29, 2013 at 9:44PM     
Jayme H.
Hope u all had a great day & an even better one tomorrow!! Ni night everyone!
July 29, 2013 at 9:49PM     
olldroo
Night Jayme - that kid has been here before, he looks like he really means it.
July 29, 2013 at 9:57PM   
Robin W
@roo - I tell patients all the time that they need to use their words. Either that or they need to ar-tic-u-late their words because I don't speak mumble-ese. This is usually after 10 minutes of trying to discern what they're trying to say and my patience has worn thin.
July 29, 2013 at 10:07PM     
Robin W
Now off to bed for me. 4:30 am comes far too early.
July 29, 2013 at 10:07PM   
olldroo
Mumbles - dd here is the worst at that but thinks she speaks perfectly - I'm old and therefore have a hearing problem.

Sleep tight, 4.30am is too early in anyone's language.
July 29, 2013 at 10:10PM      Thanked by nasmijati
kimdee24
Have a great day, Ms Roo -- and a good sleep everyone else. I'm off to bed as well... love to all. xoxo
July 29, 2013 at 10:19PM     
olldroo
Morning Angela.
July 30, 2013 at 5:15AM     
armygirl1987
Morning Roo, how are you feeling. Sleeping in the new bed is so nice and went back to the VA and got a better splint so no more tossing and turning to get comfortable...
July 30, 2013 at 5:21AM   
olldroo
And Jayme is awake too - morning Jayme. Glad you had a good sleep Angela, it makes such a difference.

I am really tired tonight, one of my favourite programmes was on - it is a weekly show - and every time an ad came on I dozed off. Not sure now how much of it I missed - you know how you can nod off in one lot of ads and wake up in the next break. Fortuntely it is available on-line so I will check it out tomorrow. Got a nice thunderstorm happening too - perfect time to go to bed. Night to you all, have a good day and play safe.
July 30, 2013 at 5:40AM     
Jayme H.
Hi and Good Morning Roo, Angela!! Sleep well Roo!!
July 30, 2013 at 5:45AM     
armygirl1987
Have a good night Roo, lata. Morning Jayme, how is things with you, work, kids. Glad that the boat thing worked out and you are having the time of your life enjoying.
July 30, 2013 at 5:47AM     
armygirl1987
So my daughter started back up with University yesterday and they sent her home because she was not wearing dress attire. It was so funny when she called me to tell me. Anyway being the mother that I am, took her shopping for dress clothes. She left this morning for school. So proud and I hope that she sticks with this new adventure.
July 30, 2013 at 5:49AM     
Jayme H.
Angela....Congrats on your daughter! Such an accomplishment to start college!!! Is it a strict place with the dress code?

I am good...working on business stuff, forming an LLC, getting insurance, etc. Learning a lot! Found a great business insurance agent who knows the ropes in re: State and local licensing, etc...helping us to avoid errors. We ARE definitely enjoying the boat...it's worth a million dollars to see the monkey boy enjoy it...and I love the fresh air and water...planning to get back into the water ASAP.

LOVE love love your pillows btw...and bedspread/duvet cover...The coral is the ticket to add pizzaz, yet keeping the room serene. Also your dresser....it has a Bahamain look to it....I love the Bahamian mansion furniture.
July 30, 2013 at 6:13AM        Thanked by nasmijati
mefor
Good for her!! Following in moms footsteps, smart idea. Get that schooling done and go places. Broaden your horizons.
Hey jayme, what's shaking girly girl? Fight pigs, lol
July 30, 2013 at 6:17AM     
mefor
I'll post this here and on 7/30, this is a lovely turquoise for you Mo.
July 30, 2013 at 6:36AM        Thanked by nasmijati
armygirl1987
Jayme, that is the first time that I heard of the dress code but as I told her just say yes and shake your head. She is not back so she must have gotten in. But I am so glad that things are going well. Love that for you, do your thing girl and take care of monkey boy.
July 30, 2013 at 6:51AM     
olldroo
Angela, I didn't know US unis had dress codes, but that probably isn't a bad thing. We have school uniforms for everyone here so kids are used to conforming like that so for them to get this in Uni is good to get them used to conforming before they start looking for work and really getting hit hard.
July 30, 2013 at 8:17PM   
armygirl1987
Roo-that was strange in that did not know that there was one but I am glad. I think that is the reason why.
July 30, 2013 at 8:24PM   
olldroo
Maybe it is an unwritten code - sometimes it comes down to respect more than anything.
July 30, 2013 at 8:29PM     
armygirl1987
Yeah, she said the lady was like you have to go home, you are not dressed right and no exception. I am glad in that I think that it shows maturity.
July 30, 2013 at 8:40PM   
olldroo
I'm also thinking it might be a good thing for dd when you expressed concern after that killing about her mode of dress.
July 30, 2013 at 8:45PM   
armygirl1987
It was but I took her shopping to get her some pants and a dress shirt. Told her that she can go to goodwill to get her some more set for school. I am just glad Roo that she is really growing up. She got up this morning got dress and went to school with no problems.
July 30, 2013 at 8:49PM   
olldroo
Yes, every little pebble is a milestone at this age. It is very exhausting too when you just can't let up for a minute.
July 30, 2013 at 8:58PM   
armygirl1987
Especially when it took us a long time to get here, not going to let an outfit stop her now. Especially if I can spend all that money updating a house.
July 30, 2013 at 9:25PM   
armygirl1987
We had a rough patch a while back and I am just glad that things are good now. I told her that she can stay here but only if school is included.
July 30, 2013 at 9:26PM     
olldroo
Good for you, it is hard to dig in like that when they can so easily walk away and you are left wondering. I had a lot of problems with my eldest like that, she still hates me but at least she did survive and a hasn't come out too bad at the end.
July 30, 2013 at 9:41PM   
armygirl1987
Yes Roo, they think that they know more than you.
July 30, 2013 at 9:45PM     
OLLD 5/29
Morning all! I saw a great quote today, perfect for...
OLLD 10/29
Hello, Happy Tuesday :) What's happening?
OLLD 11/29
Greetings, OLLDs. I am hoping all of you who celebrated...
OLLD 6/29
Morning all! Hope everyone is happy and healthy today,...
OLLD 10/29
Good morning ladies!
Need Suggestions, Please!
I am looking to purchase an area rug for this family...
Bathroom sconces suggestion
The bathroom is new and needs curtains and lighting....
Mans library
We would like to make this room look Scottish, with...
What's the hardest thing to clean in your house?
Surely there is something in your house that involves...
Is this pendant light to small?
I love the light but I think it's too small for the...