Wall and woodwork color?
karensharon
This bathroom has a slate floor and the shower is being retiled in a light gray. I hate the blue walls and the gray woodwork. It's a small bathroom that gets no light. Anyone have any wall and woodwork paint color ideas?
Laurence Tillett
Find a nifty wallpaper with a touch of the shower tile gray in it! Small bathrooms look great when they have "wow".... I have two just like that (and one has pea soup green tile!).
July 29, 2013 at 3:42PM   
ptmatthews
I always think of small rooms as an opportunity to use wallpaper too. I have heard that you can use a bold pattern in a small room as long as there is a lot of the background color showing. Not sure if that's a true rule or not, but it seemed to work for me. If you prefer texture to pattern, you might consider grass cloth. It comes in many colors. If there is room for art, you might find a piece you like and take the colors from the art.
July 29, 2013 at 3:51PM   
karensharon
Unfortunately, the previous owners painted this room with "sand" paint. Our remodelers told us there was no way to remove the sand texture, so wallpaper is not an option
July 29, 2013 at 5:20PM   
ptmatthews
Take a piece of the slate and the shower tile with you to the paint store and find a shade that you like with both tiles. Paint the woodwork a white that is tinted toward that color.
July 29, 2013 at 6:34PM   
karensharon
Unfortunately, I don't have an extra piece of the slate. I was hoping that someone else with a slate floor could tell me what he/she used. I appreciate your trying!! You give good advice! Thanks!
July 30, 2013 at 9:58AM   
ptmatthews
Can't help you there - I don't have any slate in my house. Do you have something else in your house with the same color that you could take to the store? It could be anything as long as the color is similar - clothing, book, dish, etc.
Another option would be to match all the paint to the shower tile and then bring in an accent color or two in your towels.
There are quite a few bathroom pictures on Houzz that have slate tile. I would look at those pictures for color inspiration.
July 30, 2013 at 10:53AM   
karensharon
You are such a good advisor! I think I will go with matching the tile -- Great idea! Thanks for all your help.
July 30, 2013 at 3:07PM   
ptmatthews
You're welcome! Glad I could help.
July 31, 2013 at 8:58AM   
Modern bathroom tile in small bathroom
I have a small bathroom n thinking of doing a remodel....
Too cluttered?
I am at a stand still with this room. I don't know...
Decorating with southwest design
What are the most popular interior colors to use to...
Need some help/inspiration updating my newly purchased 60's home
Hey all, I need some help and insight into what might...