Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
julie_hunt

Which would you pick?

Julie Hunt
10 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago
This poll is motivated by what to do for a home to make it more appealing to perspective buyers. We want to put our money into a home that is in a very desirable location but needs work everywhere. The budget set for renovations will not cover everything that needs to be done so there is a need to pick and choose the projects done before putting it on the market.

If you were looking into buying a older house which would you rather have...
Fully updated move in ready no exceptions
Kitchen updated but everything else must go
Bathrooms updated, newly painted walls and flooring but although kitchen is usable it hasn't been updated for atleast 30 years
Bathrooms updated, new paint, floors and kitcen although it needs remodled has new apliences, countertops and updated cabinet fronts

Comments (7)

• Julie Hunt
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    The location is good. Thanks for the input I will edit the question.
  • nasmijati
    10 years ago
    In my opinion, if the location is good, clean the place up until it sparkles.

Make sure the landscaping is well groomed.

Sell.
  • PRO
    Linda
    10 years ago
    If I was the buyer, I would prefer that the seller not waste money on doing anything to the kitchen. Just price the house appropriately and let me do the fixing. You probably couldn't do the work as cheaply as I can for the same quality of results

If I rip out a 30 year old kitchen - no guilt at all! Rip out a kitchen with new countertops and flooring...such a waste of money
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    10 years ago
    I've worked with realtors and clients who have wanted to sell their homes. I will guide you in the most beneficial approach to look to the future for the best options when it comes time to sell.
    I could help you further through my E-decorating service. It's affordable and easy. Fill out a free questionnaire to get to know you. Send photos. I will key in on what you would like. I will email you the costs broken down in segments. You pick and choose what fits comfortable for you. One step at a time. At your own pace. It doesn't have to be done all at the same time. No long term commitment. Single individual projects. Entire rooms or partial rooms.

Email me or visit my website http://www.lbinteriorsdecor.com/E-Decorating.html ... 'E-decorating' tab. Upon receiving the questionnaire and sending photos, you will receive a free list to choose from regarding your personal project. You decide how you want some help. I can find items for you and give you specifics relating to color, size, texture and style if you wish. Check out my testimonial page http://www.lbinteriorsdecor.com/Testimonials.html .... for others that I have worked with. Thank you
  • elcieg
    10 years ago
    You are buying this home, not selling it.

If the location is good, get the house for the best price you can. Then you do the updates, on your budget and your time table.

We bought our first home which was built in 1913. Great house, great location, but needed updating. We lived in it, renovated it and when we sold it we got 13 times what we paid for it.
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    10 years ago
    Because our lives can change our plans, I think it's a good idea to keep resale in mind. You may be in this home a long time or not. I also feel you should act upon what will make you and your family the most comfortable. It becomes a difficult decision for some things that are hard to weigh.
Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!