Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
donnawynne

Donna Charette
12 years ago
Hi I am building a house and need ideas for my microwave, I am wondering if you like yours in the island that is where I might have to put mine.
Thank you
Buena Vista Residence - Open Kitchen · More Info

Comments (7)

• PRO
    Eggleston Farkas Architects
    12 years ago
    If you're thinking of installing the microwave below the counter (which is nice - as it saves your valuable counterspace), I'd suggest looking into using a microwave drawer. Here's a link to another Houzz answer with more info:

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/is-this-a-sharp-microwave-i-heard-they-dsvw-vd~56024
  • Donna Charette
    Original Author
    12 years ago
    Thank you I will look into that
  • PRO
    Gast Architects
    12 years ago
    Wolf also makes a 24" & 30" wide undercounter microwave...see attached image of another project where we used an undercounter microwave rather than just a cab. box for a regular microwave.
  • PRO
    Mona Ives
    12 years ago
    I personally have my micro under counter and I love it. My parents (who are older) seem to struggle with seeing the buttons, but that's the only complaint I've received. My good friend has toddlers, though and they seem to get mischevious with it sometimes... just some thoughts to consider, not sure what your family situation is. From an aesthetic perspective and as an adult, functionally I like it under counter (it's in my island).
  • PRO
    Michael Buss Architects, Ltd
    12 years ago
    I personally have a microwave drawer in my kitchen island and love it. The only problem I run into is guests just grab the door to open rather than push the open button.
  • Donna Charette
    Original Author
    12 years ago