Living Room Ideas
stefkat_charme
Looking for help with our Living Room. We just purchased a house and want to update the living room to a get a light, airy and comfortable feel.

We want to paint three walls the "Ocean Breeze" colour that I have attached, and one wall the "Toasted Marshmallow" colour, also attached. We want to get about 5 or 6 throw pillows, all different colours/designs. I have also attached pictures of the room currently. We have a white leather sofa and loveseat, and a brown leather club chair and ottoman. Probably will go with the following coffee table from ikea: http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/30176286/#/60214121

What I would like help with is just how to finish the room. Ideas for wall photos, curtain fabrics for the patio doors, and other touches that will make the room look put-together, rather than just looking like we threw together whatever we had. We are newlyweds on a budget and this is our first house, but I don't want it to look sparse and empty.
Looks like you're going for a beachy feeling with those colors. Sisal rug could help with the look and not be too expensive. Simple linen look curtains flanking all windows, with fiber roman shades underneath will tie it together too. Chocolate could be a good accent color with your new palette.
Wave Eco Pillow, Chocolate/Aqua, Chocolate/Aqua, 18x18, Without Insert
Frond Eco Pillow, Chocolate/Aqua, With Insert
3 Likes   July 30, 2013 at 12:31PM
Can you show a photo of your white leather furniture and club chair?
0 Likes   July 30, 2013 at 12:38PM
Rustix Woodbrix Inc.
love these colors
0 Likes   July 30, 2013 at 12:45PM
abbyjean
LOVE the pillows shown, as that was my thought.....be sure to include the colors in your room and furniture to help tie it all together and then it will not look like you are just using things. Pillows can be a fun accent at a good price. What a lovely......starter......home.
1 Like   July 30, 2013 at 12:52PM
tayloch
Can I suggest you paint three walls in the lighter colour and use the ocean colour for the back wall.
0 Likes   July 30, 2013 at 12:52PM
abbyjean
Which wall gets the accent color?
0 Likes   July 30, 2013 at 12:53PM
Eeeeeek. Wallpaper border. Down. Who ever thought those were a good idea?
0 Likes   July 30, 2013 at 1:01PM
ShopFactoryDirect
It might make the room look smaller if you paint 3 walls with the blue color. I would just use that color on 1 wall (accent wall), and then the Marshmallow color on 3 walls. Or maybe go a shade or two lighter than the blue. Using a lighter shade, will make it airier in the space & still provide the bold color you are interested in.
1 Like   July 30, 2013 at 1:50PM
stefkat_charme
Yes, the wallpaper border has elephants and other jungle animals. Has to go ASAP. I like accent walls, but my husband really likes them, and I'm concerned we will have too many of them in the house, so I may try to root for all four walls in the blue colour. Because of the vaulted ceilings, I don't think it will shrink the room too much. I appreciate all the suggestions! I don't have a picture of the couches as they haven't been delivered yet, unfortunately. This is all great help. Curtains are something I'm really struggling with because of the price, and my husbands aversion to anything slightly "girly"
0 Likes   July 30, 2013 at 2:17PM
I would be tempted to keep the chocolate wall and go with teal accents in the rug and accessories. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't do all four walls blue.
4 Likes   July 30, 2013 at 3:17PM
Four walls blue:
2 Likes   July 30, 2013 at 3:24PM
Variations with a rug:
2 Likes   July 30, 2013 at 4:06PM
stefkat_charme
Groveraxle - love the photoshops, helped a lot. Where is the rug from?
0 Likes   July 30, 2013 at 4:19PM
0 Likes   July 30, 2013 at 6:11PM
These are all from plushrugs.com:
0 Likes   July 30, 2013 at 6:33PM
phylliskterry

I really like these colors, I think your room will
Look great!
0 Likes   July 30, 2013 at 6:46PM
Help! Feminine Home office needs color and excitement
This is a photo of my home office currently. I'd love...
Painting a wooden mantle
We recently moved into a home, and in the family room...
My "Woman" Cave... a soon to be peaceful retreat for ME!
This room has 2 sets of french doors with a set up...
Have you ever sold a home as a "For Sale By Owner" transaction?
I've never been brave enough to go it alone when selling...
Family room finishing touches
Need help with wall decor, lamps, pillows etc. note...