Modern Kitchen Makeover in Washington, DC
BOWA
July 30, 2013 in Before & After
The client’s goal for this Washington, DC renovation was to create a larger, more modern kitchen in their existing Tudor-style house, with enough space for a breakfast room and improved access to the deck and back yard. An addition was built at the rear of the kitchen to accommodate the breakfast room and featured large windows overlooking the back yard. The existing space was reconfigured to improve the circulation between the kitchen, dining room and entry hall. A butler’s pantry was inserted between the kitchen and dining room which was perfect for their entertaining and storage needs.

The challenge for the design build contractor was to incorporate a modern kitchen in a rather traditional-style house and maintain a cohesive feel to the whole interior. The colors and materials were carefully selected to “soften” the new features of their kitchen. This modern European-Style kitchen features Bulthaup Cabinetry that blends beautifully with the Caeserstone and Aluminum kitchen counters. Sleek new appliances were also installed for a more contemporary touch, including a stainless steel Sub-Zero refrigerator and freezer as well as a Miele 27” coffee system.

The Washington, DC homeowners are thrilled with the transformation of their kitchen.

For more information about and pictures of this project, visit: http://www.bowa.com/design-build-renovation-project-in-washington-dc/
Brenda
I LOVE IT!

Kinda crazy though ... my current kitchen reno also has no upper cabinets, quartz counters, full overlay fronts, and about 10 other similarities down to the faucet selected!
July 30, 2013 at 2:09pm   
0825sam
I love this too. Having just put a modern kitchen into an old home, I am always on the lookout for examples.
July 30, 2013 at 2:11pm      Thanked by BOWA
Brenda
I would love to see more photos of this renovation
July 30, 2013 at 5:19pm      Thanked by BOWA
MS Colours Inc
This is a modern eclectic kitchen in an older home that we worked on. We finished the walls and ceiling.
July 30, 2013 at 5:44pm   
BOWA
Thank you for your nice comments. You can view more pictures here:
July 30, 2013 at 7:39pm   
MS Colours Inc
Excellent work
July 31, 2013 at 5:32am      Thanked by BOWA
AdvantageLumber.com
So amazing!
August 2, 2013 at 12:18pm      Thanked by BOWA
carolins
Great transformation. Love the modern kitchen in a traditional style home.
August 2, 2013 at 12:21pm      Thanked by BOWA
saltcitybabe
It seems that you have added storage. The before was a bit cluttered and the after is soothing and clutter free. Nice change and hope you love it.
August 2, 2013 at 6:54pm      Thanked by BOWA
KBR Design & Build
Love the color of the new cabinets
March 5, 2014 at 5:08pm      Thanked by BOWA
Kitchen cabinets
I'm on the fence to go with contemporary white cabinets...
I will NEVER have _____ in my home!
What's the one thing (or a few things) you refuse to...
Interior finishings for summer cottage.
Designing a summer cottage on a northern Michigan lake;...
Can't find the right gray. Please help!
Looking for a beautiful light soft gray paint for a...
"HELP" with Bi-level Family Room
I have a bi-level home and I use my basement space...