Need CURB APPEAL PLEASE!!!!!!!
berala2012
As you can see, we need serious help with the outside of our house!!

We have completed renovations on the inside and this is our next project!!

But we are at a loss on what to do!!

Any ideas greatly welcomed & appreciated!

Thank you!
Gregory Johnson
I definately would add some shruberry ,maybe a couple palm trees an maybe pave the driveway with rock or pave an give a rock style look an maybe a deck or porchila at the door entrance,the iron fence I would just repaint it ,luv it.an the colors of your home,looks maybe like a beach style cottage...
July 30, 2013 at 10:07pm        Thanked by berala2012
lucindalane
You definitely need some embellishments. I think some wrought iron would look nice-you already have the wrought iron fence. I think I would paint it black, and get a wrought iron lantern to go on the side of the door. I would also remove those big blocks that flank your entrance, and put in some wrought iron railings.

July 30, 2013 at 11:00pm        Thanked by berala2012
Michelle Lajiness
Earth tones look nice with your roof type...maybe rustic or amber orange or golden brown. I would add a small tree hat will remain relatively small in front to one side. Day lillies are easy tot are care of and they fill in well. Hostas also serve this purpose. Brown eyed Susan's would look very nice against an earthy back-drop.
Rina
Hi Berala. I think the first thing to think about is paint. I'd suggest painting the facade in three shades of the same colour, as below. The lightest for the front wall, darker for the wall on the right, and the darkest for the base. You need to accentuate the shape, as it's so simple. And the darker colour on the base with make it 'sit' better. I haven't drawn in anything for the entrance, except to extend it forward a bit -- I think you could it bring it right to the front of the house with attractive steps facing forward and a railing along the side, at least. Extend paving to allow for dry access to the steps from the driveway.
July 31, 2013 at 12:47am        Thanked by berala2012
Michelle Lajiness
Rina, What program did you use to add color to the photo?
July 31, 2013 at 10:14am        Thanked by berala2012
Rina
Hi Michelle. I use Microsoft Paint, which is about as basic as you can get. If you have it, play with it for a bit. It can do more than one thinks.
July 31, 2013 at 10:30am        Thanked by berala2012
lucindalane
What style do you prefer, berala2012? IMO, the house, in terms of its shape and windows, is basically a mid-century modern style, though the materials are more traditional with the plaster and red tile roof. So, do you like the modern lines, but just need to dress it up some so its not so plain, or do would you like it to take on a more Mediterranean look, or a Southwest/Mexican style?
July 31, 2013 at 7:10pm        Thanked by berala2012
Like the house as is, and with the fleur de lis on the fence, trim the windows in a French blue.
Carson Poetzl, Inc.

Foundation plantings , just simple grasses.
Kyle House
July 31, 2013 at 7:16pm        Thanked by berala2012
berala2012
Hey guys.. Thanks for all your suggestions!

The house colour doesn't look great in the photo but it is actually quiet a nice neutral colour that's engrained into the render (plaster) so its not an option to paint it.

Love the idea about the blue window trimmings though as these do need to be painted...

Also loving the embellishments suggested & the paving is a must as the bitchumen driveway is faded & awful looking... We are also going to set new grass that'll look greener & nicer!

Overall i'm looking for something that'll just look nice & attractive & is low maintenance.
July 31, 2013 at 10:39pm   
Rina
Oh dear, a pity about not being able to paint the walls. Changing colour is fun. I agree that the blue on the windows would be pretty. I have been thinking about bricking-in the base but then you would lose the architectural inset that gives it its character. It would look more ordinary. Planting is better, it would soften it without hiding it entirely.
July 31, 2013 at 10:57pm   
Need Front Entry Update! Please help with curb appeal/decor
We have a lot of space to work with, but too much concrete!...
New home needs curb appeal PLEASE HELP!!!
Just a new home its a ranch style with no curb appeal...
Please help my house be irresistible... Curb appeal needed
Looking to sell and need some help in the curb appeal...
PLEASE HELP: Boring cookie cutter home needs curb appeal
Hi all, I live in Maryland (zone 7) and need ideas....
Please help! Need curb appeal.
Hello, this is my first time posting here. We recently...
What should I do with this living room wall?
I have never had a house with moulding on the walls.....
Chintz anyone?
I have tried to update my living room & dining room...
Drape dilemma... Too short!
So I didn't do my research on what the appropriate...
Small Mudroom
We just moved into this apartment and it has a small...
Would you paint a horizontal blue stripe around the room?
Would you paint a horizontal blue stripe the color...