White kitchen
julebarJuly 31, 2013
I have a Florida townhouse with white ceramic tile. I need to replace the cabinets, counter and appliances. The space is small yet open to the living areas. I love the clean look of white cabinets and like the look of the white ice appliances. I need help in color for cabinet and countertop. I love the colors of water and beach . Any help to avoid a bite nightmare!,
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
feeny
If you are using white ice appliances (lovely!) I'd choose a white for your cabinets that is bright like the appliances. Otherwise the appliance white could make off-white cabinets look too yellow. Aqua is a beautiful color with white and could be great for either a backsplash or a counter. If you used aqua as a backsplash (maybe glass subway tiles in an aqua shade?), you could go with white, black, gray, or perhaps sand colored counters and it would look lovely. I'm sure there are some other options for nice combinations as well, but those are the ones that come first to mind for a beachy effect.
    Bookmark   July 31, 2013 at 12:40PM
0825sam
I like the idea of a modern white kitchen that mixes in some warm woods so it's not white overload. With the white ice appliances which I do like with modern cabinets, I would tie them in with a light counter.
Fontana Interior
Union Park Penthouse Kitchen
    Bookmark   July 31, 2013 at 12:43PM
0825sam
This is a white kitchen I really like with white quartz counters and a travertine backsplash - I think the backsplash lends itself to a beachy vibe. And I do love aqua as an accent color.

Bookmark   July 31, 2013 at 12:47PM
julebar
THank you for the quick response. The thought I had for the countertop was Praa sands - but I wonder if that might be a bit too busy for the cut up pieces of the countertop and it was difficult to find a backsplash to go with it. The table in the kitchen is a light warm wood, but that is the only soft touch so far. Would I be better to
Choose a warmer more subtle countertop and backsplash
    Bookmark   July 31, 2013 at 1:51PM