House decorations
Kisha Rivera
I will be buying my first home soon. I want to decorate room by room. What would be the easiest room to start with first?
Granite Grannies
Congratulations on your new home! I suggest renovating the central room in your house first (maybe the living room?) That way you can base all of the other rooms off of this focal point. You will also have a nice place to hang out after long days of renovating!
August 1, 2013 at 7:40am     
Kisha - check out younghouselove.com and look back to their beginnings, how they now approach a house / plan and execute their dreams. Coming up with a color plan for your home, so it flows, is one of the neatest things to start with - you might have a piece of art that is your inspiration. On their last house, sherry and john had a lovely "napkin" print that they used. Fabric is a terrific helper too. Another assistance is to browse rooms on houzz and save the ones you love the most to an ideabook - do it on instinct and then go back and look at them to see if there are common style elements or colors that you are drawn to. Congratulations!
August 1, 2013 at 7:45am     
Kisha Rivera
Thanks guys for your expertise! I really appreciate it!
August 6, 2013 at 11:08am   
Need help "finishing" interior of my home
We purchased a home approx a year ago and have worked...
Help! Awkward living room
I have no idea what to do with this room. We ideally...
Landscaping/ Area use Advice sought
Hello Houzzers, Just moved into this house and I've...
double layer drapes vs shade and drapes for sliding doors to deck
Hi! I am planning to do honeycomb shades in my sunroom....
Should we move the commode?
We are diy renovating our kids bath. Everything is...