Need help for Living Room color theme, wall color, etc!
kaylat23
I just got this couch and chair.
I do not like the pillow patterns.
I would like to know a wall color, theme, pattern, that would go good with this couch in my new living room.
The floor is very dark wood, my new furniture is dark wood, and one wall is faux brick in the living room.
Please help!!
My old theme was brown, tan, cream, black furniture and warm, den like, I would really like something more modern and fresh.
*THIS IS NOT A MATCHING COUCH AND CHAIR.
THE COUCH HAS A GREEN TINT AND THE CHAIR IS NOT BLUE IT IS GREEN. AND THE ROOM IT IS IN IS NOT MY HOUSE.
kaylat23
help?
August 1, 2013 at 6:52pm   
winesnobs
I just decided to check out the 'discussions' tonight and respond with some suggestions for you. The photos of your couch and chair appear more blue. Not seeing photos of your room, I can still envision the dark wood floors and dark wood furniture. I would suggest a contrast to lighten the room - choose a neutral ecru wall color that is a cool shade of neutral (more blue undertones) - not warm with yellow tones. Select an area rug in an ecru - light ivory/taupe. Then, change your pillows and accent accessories (including wall art) to go with a soft porcelain blue/green and taupe. Also, if you like a 'french' idea - consider a taupe linen pillow with French script and linen drape panels. For accessories on the dark wood tables, add some glass candlesticks and then a candle to match the blue/green in pillows. Metal hardware in drapery rods, light fixtures etc., could stay with the cool tones and go with a pewter finish.
August 1, 2013 at 7:03pm   
howellmsue
Kayla- perhaps you could find some slip covers for your furniture? The color and style does not "say" modern or fresh, but more traditional and country. If you have a chance to look through some images of living rooms on houzz and post a style that you like or think of as modern/fresh....that would help me to give you some suggestions. Can you also take a picture of your room?
August 1, 2013 at 7:05pm   
kaylat23
Thank you both for a response! :) The camera makes the furniture seem blue but is really green. The chair darker than couch. I would like the pillow patterns to make the couch appear more modern, but I like the way the furniture seems traditional, I would like to have a homey living room, but also some modern touches and even some things that do not match, I suppose that is Eclectic? I can get a photo soon, we just bought the house, everyone is taking 2 weeks to pack, so I cannot get a pic as of right away, but soon. I do love the ideas of blues, greens, dark brown, white/cream, I am unsure of what Fabric and design/pattern for pillows, and the art or decor, and curtains.
August 2, 2013 at 8:36am   
kaylat23
Thank you both for the advice, it is well appreciated! :)
August 2, 2013 at 8:36am   
kaylat23
Also, would like to throw in it is sort of DIY or on a budget decorating, so I will be buying at walmart, ebay, local thrift stores for unique pieces to do diy projects on. Any ideas on that would be welcomed. Thank you.
August 2, 2013 at 8:38am   
Need help w/ our new living room--wainscoting, colors, etc
We just closed on our dream home!!! Dream excluding...
Need help with cityscape themed living room.
Hi, I really like actual city posters and pictures...
Brain dead in interior design etc... My living room needs help
Not all the furniture in the living room belongs there...
Need help with my living room design (accent chairs etc...)
I would appreciate any help with ideas on the following: 1-I...
Styling....is not my thing!
I have so much going on that it's a mess (I tried my...
How do I make my staircase prettier?
Since we moved into our home 7 months ago, I've been...
How to paint this boat to make a planter...
It is an old boat converted into a sail boat but it...
Wall Color for New Basement
Hello Houzzers! I'm looking for help choosing a paint...
I will NEVER have _____ in my home!
What's the one thing (or a few things) you refuse to...