Need help decorating my small bedroom
Tre Simmons
Hi, well iv been having trouble decorating my bedroom. I started out with the idea of having a light and airy mixture of gold yellow and grey, totally loved it until my job was selling a beautiful deep purple couch that was perfectly new and CHEAP so how could I say no.
So now is I'd like to have a sleek and rustic glam look.
So my questions
1) Can you help me find a nice paint color that will match the look that I'm going for currently I'm thinking a charcoal grey, black and white or a deep teal
2) Am I headed in the right direction to create the look that I'm going for and if you could recommend some other items that will help me achieve the look
3) and I'm in dire need of help with placement of the furniture and art that I have

I have tons of pictures to help you to help me :)
Currently my walls are badly painted in Behr Gentle Rain witch turns blue when my light is turned on and I hate it.
Please don't mind all the patched holes I can't make up my mind and they will be painted over.
Tre Simmons
More pictures
August 1, 2013 at 1:33pm   
Tre Simmons
Last bit of photos. :)
August 1, 2013 at 1:37pm   
abbyjean
I would love to see your bed flip directions and go on the wall to the left of where it is now. It would be easier to use a full wall for a headboard area with all those pillows then. Can that fab couch fit under the window? Do you have a dresser or desk that can fit on that wall shown that is between the doors? Lots of paint on that wall?
August 1, 2013 at 3:26pm     
Tre Simmons
The bed and couch are too big and my closet door blocked the way for the placement you suggested. I did move the bed and the couch along the full wall and like that placement however now I feel the room is really heavy in that one side or It could be fine and I could just be weird , what do you thing
August 1, 2013 at 5:59pm   
Tre Simmons
Also no dresser or desk I do have 3 floating shelfs lol. Not much I know .
August 1, 2013 at 6:01pm   
Sharon Charboneau, RESA Pro, Interior Stylist
Tre, glad you moved the bed away from window. That was not working. Looks much better.

The purple sofa appears to be more of large chair? Will that fit in corner, where window is? If not, then place at end of bed.

The use purple to decide on wall colour & bed linens - rusts, oranges, softer purples, Charcoal grey on the walls would work well with those colours.

Try those placements and see how they work
August 1, 2013 at 6:12pm     
Before you say NO WAY! Think how pretty a black accent wall would be behind the bed. Leave the bed on the windowless wall. You can hang all your art on the bed wall like a gallery. I'd put the chair centered with the window. So, black, cream, gold. For your floating shelves, put all of the skulls and similar color items on the shelves. (Collections look best grouped for more impact). The large lamp is sucking up a lot of visual space but may work if you use the artwork like a headboard.

August 1, 2013 at 6:14pm     
abbyjean
It LOOKS like the chair will fit under the window.....or my depth perception is way off here. The chair just seems to make the most sense under the window. What about the bed on the wall across from the window then?
August 1, 2013 at 7:42pm   
craljh
pretty sofa
August 1, 2013 at 7:58pm     
Tre Simmons
I love the idea of cream purple black and white, but I'd really like to keep the yellow items that I have and make some use of them but if it doesn't work it doesn't work lol.
And I love the thought of a black accent wall but what color would I paint the other walls? White? Soft grey?
And yea the couch blocks getting in to my closet a little too much so I moved the bed next to my door and my oversized chair next to my widow an put my frames back up above it like the suggested headboard idea. What do y'all think?
August 1, 2013 at 9:03pm   
abbyjean
Good spot for the bed and it must already start to feel better with some things back up on the walls. The chair does look good on that wall and I love it against that color.
August 1, 2013 at 9:09pm   
Tre Simmons
Here's a picture of my bedding (it's reversible) so do y'all think it would still work with the black purple gold and cream ?
August 1, 2013 at 9:49pm     
Tre Simmons
Thankyou Abby I absolutely love the chair and I want it to desperately work in my room . And your right I already feel better with the pictures on my wall. However I will have to worry about the sunburst mirror, floating shelfs, gold lamp, deer and antelope taxidermy heads and black frame with the gold design on it
August 1, 2013 at 9:54pm     
abbyjean
That bedding is beautiful! I love the first pic of it the most. That shelf above is just so perfect, too! AND look at the touches right there that tie in your fab chair. I love the grouping you have with the sunburst as those colors all go so well, too. And you have the deer with all the right stuff. The desk goes so well with your shelves and nothing like shelves to use for THINGS and pics. You have an eye for design!
August 2, 2013 at 7:08am   
kristylou
That bedding is divine! With the walls painted, now I can see it coming together. Can't wait to see pics of it finished.
August 2, 2013 at 8:45am   
abbyjean
I looked again and see you have used some things twice in the pics above. I REALLY like the shelf arrangement you set up. The brassy/gold items you really grouped....will that lamp be in your room, too?
August 2, 2013 at 8:56am   
Tre Simmons
Some stuff is I'm there twice because I'm thinkin about placement and what not the shoes arnt on the walls yet I just arranged it all and and took a picture of my favorite, and I put the photos back on the wall to show y'all what it looked like above my bed. :) and Thank you for the wonderful compliments guys! I'm very excited for what's to come. Iv moved some stuff around a little and have some sketches of where I wanted to move some things
August 3, 2013 at 12:32pm   
Tre Simmons
New addition to the left side of my wall. Im thinking about hanging the deer and antelope head on the opposite sides of the middle frame. Thoughts? Suggestions ?
August 9, 2013 at 6:47pm   
kristylou
can I ask where you got bedding?
August 9, 2013 at 9:12pm     
Tre Simmons
Macys :) Bryan Kieth -Tango I think it's on sake right now too
August 10, 2013 at 12:15pm   
Tre Simmons
Sale*
August 10, 2013 at 12:16pm   
Tre Simmons
Alright so here's what iv come up with. :)
I'm still deciding on where to put my gold lame (that will be painted silver) and what colors to paint my wall, as of now I'm thinking of a black accent wall and leaving the half grey half white walls.
August 13, 2013 at 3:12pm   
abbyjean
I love it!!!!!!! Are you sure you want a black accent wall? These walls totally work right now!
August 13, 2013 at 3:15pm   
Tre Simmons
I don't know if this picture uploaded.

I totally am loving the half painted walls but I really want to add more black into my room. And I think the accent wall would be a bold way to do it.
I'm open to suggestions on what to do to add more black to my room instead of an accent wall.
August 13, 2013 at 4:22pm   
abbyjean
And you would leave THESE decorations on the wall painted black?
Ya know what? GO FOR IT! You have your heart set on it and if it is awful, you paint again. Those items will POP on black!!!
August 13, 2013 at 10:24pm   
Tre Simmons
I'm totally going to do it. I am likin the idea of black curtains too, or that might darken up the place. That's my next bit problem what color curtains? Black? Yellow? White? I don't know
August 14, 2013 at 1:54pm     
Tre Simmons
Thanks soooo much abbyjean you've been such a great help!
August 14, 2013 at 1:55pm   
abbyjean
Could we compromise with the curtains and maybe try GRAY????
August 14, 2013 at 1:58pm   
abbyjean
I HAVE to see that wall when you get it done! I cannot wait, so hurry!!!!
August 14, 2013 at 1:59pm   
I need help decorating my small bedroom !!
Im a 19 year old girl (just so you have an idea of...
Need help paint color/furnishing/decorating a small bedroom!
I am having a small (10x11) bedroom re-done. The floor...
Need help decorating small bedroom
I'm a 16 yr old girl (so you know who this is for)...
Need help furnishing\decorating a very small bedroom.
Recently, my Grandma and I downsized our house. Going...
I need help with decorating a small bedroom with limited space
I have a very small bedroom, which needs rearranged...
Neon?
What type of lights can I use?
I need living room/Fireplace help!!
My husband and I bought our first home last year. We...
Need to update my living room
When we moved into our house 13 years ago, I had a...
Would you try temporary wallpaper?
Our office has been discussing the value of temporary...