Lego gives architecture nerds something new to geek out on!
Lego released a brand new architectural set yesterday that had a lot of us drooling in our office yesterday. Out of curiosity, did you grow up using Legos? Were you building houses?

OnePlan
Tee hee - I was building homes with my Lego 35 years ago !!
August 2, 2013 at 2:18PM     
handymam
Wow, that looks like a cool set of Legos! I did not grow up with them, but my sons both did.

Nothing worse than stepping on a lego with barefeet in the middle of the night! Some of those parts are sharp!
August 2, 2013 at 2:50PM     
mousemaker
oh oh. we had Lincoln Logs :) :) and we were allowed to use actual hammers and nails and wood!
August 2, 2013 at 3:08PM     
I LOVED my lincoln logs. Also, totally agree, bare feet and legos are not a good mix, especially in the dark. :)
August 2, 2013 at 4:47PM     
Wow Great Place
Going back a few decades here, but when in was a babysitter, I would only take jobs for people who had Lego sets, and I would build stuff with the kids I was hired to care for! I loved Legos then, and looking at this new product from them, looks like I will still love them!!
August 2, 2013 at 4:54PM     
Brenda
I am so buying those for my husband for Christmas this year!
August 2, 2013 at 7:33PM     
lareva
Where are these lego's sold? I have a budding 13 year old architect that would love this!
August 3, 2013 at 5:17PM     
abbhz
Yes! I have a nephew. Guess what he's getting for his birthday.
August 3, 2013 at 5:32PM   
mousemaker
I looked it up just to see what the Lego site had to offer in their series. Apparently someone made a huge mistake :) and assigned the Guggenheim to Mies Van der Rohe (not to be believed!! oh the horrors!!!) and I see they have Falling Water too but hopefully the "WRIGHT" architect. :)
August 4, 2013 at 7:20AM     
mefor
I love Legos, my favorite sets were the ones that just had all the house building bits and pieces. I still have all the Legos that were mine from so many years ago plus all the sets from my kids. Anybody have Fisher Price sets from the 70's? I think that at some point at around six, I wanted to be an urban planner. I had the village, castle, farm, airport and Sesame Street. All the people could book flights to go to Europe where my castle was located. You could always fill up your car at the gas station to drive to farm which was on other side of "blanket" mountain. I love that my mom saved all these for my kids. They became their favorite toys too. Legos and Fisher Price are classics. :)
August 5, 2013 at 3:14AM     
BLDG Workshop
We built lots of houses but then graduated into building the strongest cars possible for demolition derbies (actually smashing them into each other) after which we started designing our own transformers. Nothing like Lego for young minds!
September 12, 2013 at 6:20PM     
kimdee24
Michele, I had those Fisher Price sets too...I had the castle, the farm, the house, Sesame Street, the garage, the school house and the village! Played with them for hours.. and they were the old ones, the ones with the wooden or small plastic little people... they are not the same anymore!

I loved Lego too. I might just have to buy myself a present!
September 12, 2013 at 6:43PM     
mefor
They were the best, you just made me smile, kimdee. :)
September 12, 2013 at 6:55PM     
small bathroom inside bedroom help
hello, I have a 5m×5m room and I need to have a bathroom...
Need Help for How to Paint Nursery
Hello! My husband and I are expecting our first child...
New wall and trim paint help
2 years ago we repainted our kitchen/keeping room a...
What kind of couch would look good in this room?
I have tried to put 2 different couches in this room...