cecichuOctober 25, 2011
Hi, I also have a banquet at my eat in kitchen/breakfast nook. However, I have an island not too far away. Would you suggest a round table like it is shown here or would you suggest an oval or rectangular? I like the tulip table with marble top but I can't find the right oval size but they have a great round one. I'm not sure if the flow of traffic would be worse? It would seat less people with the round?
Tiffany Eastman Interiors, LLC
Hi....this picture may be deceiving because its actually an oval...I think in your case an oval may be better because you can get more chairs in with the length of the table and not have to be as big of a table to accomodate as many people if you went with a round.....LOVE the tulip table....if you are finding it hard to find the correct size oval table, you may want to consider buying the base separately which I believe you can do, and then maybe have an oval cut from a marble slab to your size if price can be worked out.....many stone suppliers have leftover pieces from larger jobs that you might be able to find, and also I would suggest doing a template out of paper just so you nail the correct size as well....ovals and round tables can be a litlle tricky.....hope this helps....
2 Likes    Bookmark   October 25, 2011 at 3:12PM
I actually recommend rectangular tables, especially with banquet seating, since the person sitting in the middle of the table will feel squeezed with an oval / circular table, while the person in the end will be further from the table with no way to adjust the banquet.
2 Likes    Bookmark   October 25, 2011 at 3:38PM
Rhonda Kieson Designs
If you have a corner banquette (i.e., both banquettes are approximately 5 feet in length), a 48" round table works best, as it is easy to get seated, and no one is inconvenienced by having to sit "too close" to the table. In the case where one bench is substantially longer than the other, a rectangular table works best. When the banquette is actually a window seat, such as is shown in this picture, it would seem an oval table is the best option. It would be difficult to gain access to the seating area if a rectangular table was used.
1 Like    Bookmark   October 25, 2011 at 7:27PM
cecichu
Thanks for all the suggestions. How would I be able to add the Tulip leg to a custom slab of marble securely? I have young kids, would it be stable enough? Thanks
    Bookmark   October 28, 2014 at 6:48PM
What is the wall color on TV show Revenge?
What is the blue/gray wall color on the tv show Revenge...
jill4feet
Can you please share with me if this is a 12" overhang from knee wall
Can you please share with me if this is a 12" overhang...
dshattls
Is true love supposed to last forever? Say how much...
IntoConcrete
Would like your opinions on this wainscot
We are doing major renovations, have removed a wall...
staceyw126
Need help with the living room.
I cannot put the tv inside the library. I want to buy...
andyparodi
Christopher Onyemaechi
Stone fireplace/Mediterranean house
I have Mediterranean house. The fireplace is stone...
eawade
Choosing furniture size
Just built a disability house--no halls and easy wide...
bettymcgee1113