Need help
riverratroad
Would appreciate help with ideas of how to decorate the wall my tv is against
Wall colour is mid tone grey
Thanks
abbyjean
Center the tv on the cabinet and take away as much visual disturbances on that wall as you can. I like the area around a tv to be blank so I can focus on the tv instead of being distracted by the wall.
August 3, 2013 at 5:05pm     
leelee
agree, nothing else is needed on the wall. Can we see the other walls in your room?
August 3, 2013 at 5:10pm   
riverratroad
Minimizing sounds great !
I was unsure if I had to balance out on either side of the tv with shelving, but your advice makes sense . I appreciate your advise! Now to find a home for those flowers :)
August 3, 2013 at 5:17pm   
abbyjean
Do you even have an outside area you could dress up with those? A deck fence or something? Garage door area?
August 3, 2013 at 5:19pm   
riverratroad
Here are other angles of my room
The large tv unit I will be relocating including the wing back
My room is 12x22ft
would love suggestions on how to pull this all together I seem to always have the just moved in look /unfinished
August 3, 2013 at 5:31pm   
LB Interiors
Are the flowers stenciled on the wall? I would hate to see you paint over them. I think less is more. You do need something to balance the wall. The Tv is not centered to the area. I would add two tall bookcases each side of the TV, in the same wood tone or white if you have enough white in the room used in other ways.
August 3, 2013 at 5:38pm   
howellmsue
It looks like you have quite a few things in this room. What is the tall cabinet for? It sure would look nice if you could fit your television in that and then get rid of the other stand. I am also thinking there is just too much furniture in this room, too many chairs, and everything seems to be pushed up against the walls. Can you get a larger view of the room? Meaning stand back so we can see the room as a whole?
August 3, 2013 at 6:18pm   
howellmsue
sorry I didn't see the comments about the cabinet and wingback chair belonging elsewhere.
August 3, 2013 at 6:19pm   
riverratroad
Hi I hope this helps
It is a long room divided by a sliding patio door like two separate areas
August 3, 2013 at 7:04pm   
abbyjean
I would love to see that couch under the picture grouping and then it would be right across from the view out the slider. Center the coffee table with the couch and then place the chairs across from it, so basically, you are just switching that area. I think it will feel more open with the chairs in the middle of the area instead of the couch.
August 3, 2013 at 9:19pm   
Tammy Tate Kammerer
I'd put the tv in the wardrobe.... Or paint the current stand white.
August 3, 2013 at 9:42pm   
Tammy Tate Kammerer
And I love the wing back chair in the room.... It helps so not all the furniture is so matchy matchy
August 3, 2013 at 9:44pm   
abbyjean
I forgot about the rug.....turn it so it is the long way with the couch. Love how your colors all go together in there so nicely.
August 3, 2013 at 9:44pm   
Need help for my kitchen
Hi I need help choosing a colour to paint above the...
Tips to improve kitchen on a budget?
Hi, please help! This is my tiny kitchen, I'm thinking...
What is Australian style?
Australia: it's a big, brown island that has taken...
"Need opinions on kitchen"
I am getting mixed reviews from friends and family...
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...