Wall Color and advice
cj12706
I am remodeling our bathroom with the materials shown in the attached picture. The Carrera Marble is for the shower enclosure, the solid gray is the floor and the mosaic is for the shampoo enclosures. I am stuck on what color to put on the walls. The bathroom vanity will be a dark wood possibly a carrera counter top for the vanity.

Would you add a back splash on the vanity wall with the mosaic tile or leave it as a plain wall?
Marc Russell Interiors
I'm going to be on honest here, not crazy about the mosaic. The carrera is a classic when it comes to elegance, and can easily stand alone. The mosaic, which goes in and out of style, will catch the eye every time you look at it. Will also down play the simplicity of the carrera. The backsplash should be carrera as well. Room would look stunning painted a grey/blue. Think Candice Olson. Accessorize with some elegant bling.
August 3, 2013 at 6:08PM     
Wall paper in a texture like grasscloth. Dark.

August 3, 2013 at 6:12PM   
Marc Russell Interiors
Grass cloth looks absolutely stunning cut into even squares and hung running in different directions. All of the corners get silver clavos. You need a skilled paperhanger good with math skills for this application. Will try and post a picture of this application from my showroom. We use it alot in dining rooms and bathrooms.
August 3, 2013 at 6:33PM     
cj12706
I would have never thought of grass cloth or wall paper in a bathroom due to moisture.
August 4, 2013 at 12:20AM     
hennhouse79
I would leave the shower area all Carrera marble so you are not breaking up that space and it will be more elegant and streamlined.The mosaic is perfect as the backsplash and maybe the shower floor? Or, you could consider using it to accent the entire vanity wall to the ceiling as a feature wall. I assume you will have a mirror or medicine cabinet above the vanity so you wont have to pay for an entire wall of mosaic. If you still want the mosaic in the shower area just put a thin horizontal stripe of it but not in the shampoo recesses. I love your idea for the Carrera vanity top. That will be gorgeous! Wall color in a bluish grey in the light or midtoned range would be perfect.
August 4, 2013 at 3:27AM   
hennhouse79
P.s. If you use the mosaic as the shower floor I would not do the feature wall, just a backsplash.
August 4, 2013 at 3:29AM   
Klein Kitchen and Bath
You can have a square of mosiac in the center of the wall or if you do it on the floor a small line in mid wall.- see a few similar ideas we did.
August 4, 2013 at 3:36AM   
yagiz91
As an architect my approach to interior design is less is more. What i understand is you have two contrasting colors and an effctive element, the tiles. First thing you should do is covering the whole space in a harmony with the two colors. İ personally think that two contrasting colors are enough to create the expected visual effects,but if you want to use tiles stricktly, use them to create a focus point. Consider that the material would directly catches to eyes when you step in. Thats why dont use them near the closet whichi would not like to see in first step.
August 4, 2013 at 4:23AM   
dclostboy
Pratt & Lambert Winter's Gate would be subtle...BM Marilyn's Dress would be more dramatic. I agree with Klein that you need more use of the mosaic to tie together. Otherwise, it will look like an afterthought.
August 4, 2013 at 5:08AM   
Kimberley Bell Interiors
I agree mosaic is a trend but I do like this combo...I too think placing them on shower floor would be a nice "pop" to change it up a bit AND easier removal down the road should you tire of them; save a few pieces of other tiles to use for replacement.
August 4, 2013 at 6:21AM   
Kitchens and Baths by Grande Decor
We did the same exact palette.
August 4, 2013 at 6:25AM   
Need advice on wardrobe color based on wall color.
Hi, I need advice on kitchen cabinet and wardrobe...
Looking for advice Wall Color and Front Desk Color
I was thinking of going white gray with the walls....
Beveled mirrors in lobby
I am part of a decorating committee and several of...
Shutters and/or window boxes??
Hi Houzzers! I'm feeling that the addition of some...
Formal dining set
Our formal dining area, still need to add some artwork/decor...
TV Console Size
This is the last time, I promise! I am driving myself...
Need Help with E14 base bulbs.
I have sconces that takes E 14 base bulbs which are...