Dressings for privacy for frequently used sliding doors
orchid67
I have a double length sliding glass door that separates the kitchen from the outside deck, and thus it's frequently used. Privacy is required at night and I'm looking for ideas to create privacy at night time. There are currently vertical blinds in place but I HATE vertical blinds, they're common looking and constantly break. Due to frequent use, horizontal blinds I would suggest are out particularly for the sliding side of the door. Are my only other options curtains, roll down blinds? Any ideas??
PH Interiors, LLC
The best options are easy to slide drapery panels (hung on rings or grommets or traverse rod) or the new fabric version of verticals from Hunter Douglas - Luminettes. These aren't your mother's vertical blinds!
August 5, 2013 at 9:46AM     
orchid67
Thank you very much! I looked at the site you suggested and am inspired! Much much better than the traditional hideous verticals!
August 5, 2013 at 4:59PM   
PH Interiors, LLC
You're welcome!
August 5, 2013 at 5:55PM   
JMittman Designs
Take a look at the averte natural fold panels on Horizon Shades website--there is a video showing how it works. Has the look of woven shades on a sliding track. Great alternative to drapery. Sheers on a track rod would slide open easily for frequent open and shutting.
August 6, 2013 at 6:46AM     
orchid67
So very helpful! Thank you. I never realized a sliding door could look so good !
August 6, 2013 at 2:25PM     
Need Help Finalizing My Kitchen/Nook
Hi Houzz! I am moving into our new build home and...
Screening/Hiding unsightly area ideas pls!
I'd like to hide these unsightly electrical boxes....
Curb appeal
Mid-seventies Contemporary Deck House with split foyer...
Best Eames Reproduction
As an initial note, I am only interested in a new quality...
Need help choosing rug color and kind of rug
Dark gray coach and dark wood floors has left my living...