Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
abbottr

Need your ideas! This bathroom needs mirrors.

Renee Abbott
10 years ago
Just put in new tile, bath cabinets, and painted the light fixture to match the cabinets. We removed one long 104" mirror. It is now to wide. Do I go for 2 36" square, put silver frame around the length? The 2 sink cabinets are 36". Knee space is 32" and that will leave @. 37" from backsplash to lights.

Comments (16)

• Judy M
    10 years ago
    There are do many photos in the bathroom section to help you decide.
    Here is one example

http://houzz.com/photos/1775794
  • kleehanson
    10 years ago
    I would put in copper framed mirrors.
  • Renee Abbott
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    Thanks Judy, I was wondering what to do about the space between the mirrors.
    I have not seen copper mirrors, but I will take a look. Thanks.
  • Phoebe Siter
    10 years ago
    I would do a natural wood framed mirror in the same color as your rush seat, for a bit of warmth against the greys.
    Renee Abbott thanked Phoebe Siter
  • Renee Abbott
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Would you use one full width or two. Thanks
  • Suzi Hanks
    10 years ago
    I'd ditch those lights. Very dated. I like the cabinets and your choice of granite. Two mirrors framed in brushed nickle or a color pulled from the granite. I would get some vertical chrome or brushed nickel lights and do three of them, one on either side and one in the middle.
    Renee Abbott thanked Suzi Hanks
  • Kathy
    10 years ago
    http://houzz.com/photos/86456
    Do you plan to use area for a vanity? If so you may want a mirror there.
    Renee Abbott thanked Kathy
  • camaguey1
    10 years ago
    I have the same question regarding full length or separate ones. I have similar bath vanity with a full length mirror that I would like to take down but I feel that if I place the two separate mirrors, it will visually shorten the wall.
  • Renee Abbott
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I know what you mean. This is a jack and Jill bath, long and narrow and the space behind is the toilet area next to a large closed in shower.
  • Catherine Giesige
    10 years ago
    That's a great size bathroom, you're so fortunate. If it were mine I'd put in two separate mirrors and use a makeup mirror at the seating area. Something like the picture below.
    http://houzz.com/photos/90086
    Renee Abbott thanked Catherine Giesige
  • PRO
    Lisa Hoyt Design
    10 years ago
    You could do two lovely mirrors from a picture frame store, done in a silver leaf with touches of gold so it is nice and warm and goes well with silver faucets and such. Then put different lighting above them and or on either side of the mirrors done in brushed silver or matching faucets in polished silver. In addition, in the middle of the space between the two mirrors, add a cabinet builtin that has a combination of shelves and cabinet doors, going up a tiny bit taller than the mirrors to break up that space with crown molding at the top. I would also add a combination of handles and knobs also out of a brushed silver to the cabinetry below. Long brushed silver handles with some knobs on just a few of the drawers at the top.
    Renee Abbott thanked Lisa Hoyt Design
  • User
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    Please- all the work you have done to update your bathroom has gone to the wayside if you leave your current light fixtures up. I would have a shower/mirror company come out and mirror that entire wall with a mirrored beveled strip at each side to cap it off. Get 2 new lights and they can drill it right through the mirror. It will make your bathroom seem larger. It was the best thing I did when I was in your dilemma. The shower door installer made the suggestion to me when I was having a conversation with him about what I should do, and it was a reasonable solution cost wise as well.
    The Dream Lives On-Bathroom · More Info
    Renee Abbott thanked User
  • PRO
    essentials inside
    10 years ago
    Hi again abbottr! Congrats on your bathroom redo.

I agree - 2 mirrors would look best and, if you can, change the lights.

Are the cabinets more gray or more blue? My monitor tends to be a bit off color so I just wanted to check.

I assume the wall is staying the same color?

Lyvonne
    Renee Abbott thanked essentials inside
  • PRO
    Lisa Hoyt Design
    10 years ago
    OH, and I do love all that you have done with the countertops, sinks and faucets. I thought you were wanting to do more to this and bought it this way. Sorry about that. I love the crystal knobs and again keep some of them and then mix the long narrow ones in the picture below for some of the other drawers and cabinets. Mixing knobs is a great look! Also, because there is a vanity chair in the middle, I would not do the shelves I talked about but have the mirror with a frame go the whole length and the frame in a lovely brushed silver with some gold in it. The do some lovely lights or lamps on either side drilled into the mirror! Would be dramatic, look lovely, be great for the chair and makeup area, open the room up, and bring in light! Would be perfect!
    Renee Abbott thanked Lisa Hoyt Design
  • PRO
    Lisa Hoyt Design
    10 years ago
    Mixing the knobs adds interest!