nixx22
October 26, 2011 in Photo Questions
Not sure what to do on these walls. I need some tips, advice and suggestions. I would like a floating shelf or dining console but I'm not sure if I should do it white and if I should put a mirror above it.
Hi nixx22, there are endless possibilities depend on your style and preference, I think it's just a matter making a decision. Good luck.
October 26, 2011 at 3:19pm   
nixx22
thanks for the feedback. I'm just not sure what will work with the rest of my decor without being too busy. I like big mirrors just not sure what style mirror to go with.
October 26, 2011 at 3:41pm   
lisamroberts77
I think an assortment of different mirrors with simple frames, but a variety of shapes and sizes would be very cool. I think it would highlight your lighting focal point instead of distracting from it. Good luck!
October 26, 2011 at 4:02pm   
A simple brown mirror that matches the color of you dining table would be ideal.
October 26, 2011 at 4:40pm   
jacqui42
Why not try a metallic paint wash on the wall
October 26, 2011 at 5:30pm   
Elis Costa
I loved the lightning of your dining room... where did you buy it?
October 26, 2011 at 5:59pm   
Elis Costa
October 26, 2011 at 6:00pm   
inkwitch
THere doesn't appear to be a lot of space, so additional furniture would make a tight fit for access to the table. A floating shelf or even a long, slender table with thin legs -- black slate on chrome? Red lacquer on black? -- would give you "buffett" space for dining and a home for decorative options.

I like the idea of a long horizontal mirror.
October 26, 2011 at 7:42pm   
Marie Hebson's interiorsBYDESIGN Inc.
You need to decide on a style - love the wainscotting idea, but it is a lot of work. If your not handy, its costly to have done. Why not add wallpaper? Or another paint colour?
There are some beautiful papers out there, one of my all time favorite books is from Crown Wallpaper - Printers Guild Productions - Shimmer

Once you decide on paint or wallpaper, then add some textural or coloured placemats and ART - seems like you gravitate to the tone on tone natural textures - I'd try a metal shimmery art piece, like in the first photograph with my logo on it this paper and art would be perfect for you - good Luck!
October 26, 2011 at 8:12pm   
nixx22
Thanks for all of the wonderful feedback. I love the wall paper idea and I might be able to do it on the photowall just because it is a solid wall without a doorway and bulk head to interfere. I'll definitely take a look at those wallpaper options. I definitely think the room needs a bit more texture. I'll see what it looks like to re-arange the furniture. I originally had the sofa under the window when we first got the chairs and they looked so awkward on the other side...but now that I have a rug etc. I'll try it again.

What do you guys think of getting another cowhide for under the dining table? I definitely will do a sleek thin console type table in the dining room just so it is not too tight.

I'll update with more pics when I've made the changes. Thanks everyone for the fantastic feedback.

@ elis_costa - The chandalier is from WEST ELM.
October 31, 2011 at 12:18pm   
Groovywares.com
Check out a shimmery chrome jere raindrops sculpture. Lots of vintage handmade metal sculptures can be found at groovywares.com
July 11, 2013 at 2:18pm   
Am I heading in the right direction?
My goal is cottage style with craftsman influences....
Yay or Nay? Indoor fairy lights
Are you a fan of using fairy lights indoors? The twinkle...
I am buying a property with too much marble and stone
The kitchen is the worst part - granite counter tops...
bedroom pain matching wardrobe
Hello, I want to know the bedroom paint which would...